Ratio Dive Computers Announces New iX3M 2!! Our Best Dive Computer yet!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Regarding customer support in US- I had a iX3M Reb model for a short while and had a question for Ratio regarding the availability of the o2 cell interface board, which seemed to always be on backorder and was a thing of myth. It took Ratio about a month to reply to my email and their response was almost unintelligible. As I was eventually planning to use this for a rebreather I ended up offloading it and getting a Petrel 2 EXT and that has worked flawlessly. Perhaps others have had good experiences with Italian Customer Service but not so much for me.

I want custom GFs and SurfGF, maybe I'm the only one. Without those, it's a no go for me. Yes, I think it is shortsighted not to offer custom GFs until the Tech+ model. Custom GFs are offered on the SW Peregrine. The iX3M 2 is a very nice computer.
Though I'm currently only using the presets, I also want the ability to have custom presets. SurfGF was something I got around to using slowly, but now I find it to be hugely beneficial. Definitely a must for a primary computer. For a backup, I might skip either, but only if there is another feature that I want.

In the case of my computers. I knew both my Perdix and MK2s had custom GFs. I knew that the Perdix had SurfGF, but assumed the Garmin did not as I figured that was just a Shearwater thing. I was surprised to learn that it also had it.
All my PPS transmitters are Oceanic brand. If they fail out of warranty, Oceanic/Huish will replace them for $120. I don't know how any of the other brands (Aeris, Hollis, and Tusa transmitters are gone, Shearwater now has the Swift, Aqua Lung and Sherwood still sell them), deal with this.
Yep. This was a big part of the decision for me. I did not want to lock myself into a proprietary transmitter as that makes it more expensive to switch brands. I already had the Oceanic transmitter, so my search narrowed to those brands quickly.

Though I'm currently only using the presets, I also want the ability to have custom presets...
I don't fully understand Ratio's philosophy regarding deco algorithms.

The iX3M 2 Pro model runs Buhlmann ZH-L16C with 6 presets, 93/93, 90/90, 80/80, 75/75, 50/85, and 45/80. The first four were carried over from previous models, the last two were revised from 30/90 and 20/89. I could never figure out why they chose a maximum GF high of 93 except for the fact that prior models ran Buhlmann ZH-L16B, which is a liitle more liberal than C, I believe it is aimed at tables rather than computers. Though not what I would choose, I'm sure I could make the Pro model work for my diving.

The Deep model runs 3 versions of Buhlmann, ZH-L16C, ZH-L16B, and ZH-L12. I simply do not know why the latter 2 versions might be chosen. They offer the same 6 presets as the Pro, no custom GFs. The Deep model also offers VPM-B with 6 presets.

The Tech+ model offers all the deco algorithms as the Deep, but also offers custom GFs and custom critical bubble radius.

My diving is mostly no-stop with a little bit of light deco, most less than 10 min, all less than 15 min. All I need is ZH-L16C with custom GFs. I use SurfGF frequently to time my safety stop or deco stop in order to surface with the GF I choose.

I would be glad to hear why someone might also want to run ZH-L16B or ZH-L12. I suppose there are divers running VPM-B. I use Multi-Deco, it supports ZH-L16C, ZH-L16B, and VPM-B

The iX3M 2 Pro model runs Buhlmann ZH-L16C with 6 presets, 93/93, 90/90, 80/80, 75/75, 50/85, and 45/80. The first four were carried over from previous models, the last two were revised from 30/90 and 20/89. I could never figure out why they chose a maximum GF high of 93 except for the fact that prior models ran Buhlmann ZH-L16B, which is a liitle more liberal than C, I believe it is aimed at tables rather than computers. Though not what I would choose, I'm sure I could make the Pro model work for my diving.
Yeah, that does seem strange. Especially those first 4. While I understand that GFHi is the only one that really matters during NDL dives, setting GFHi and GFLo to the same values does seem to be a strange choice.

The Deep model runs 3 versions of Buhlmann, ZH-L16C, ZH-L16B, and ZH-L12. I simply do not know why the latter 2 versions might be chosen. They offer the same 6 presets as the Pro, no custom GFs. The Deep model also offers VPM-B with 6 presets.

The Tech+ model offers all the deco algorithms as the Deep, but also offers custom GFs and custom critical bubble radius.

My diving is mostly no-stop with a little bit of light deco, most less than 10 min, all less than 15 min. All I need is ZH-L16C with custom GFs. I use SurfGF frequently to time my safety stop or deco stop in order to surface with the GF I choose.

I would be glad to hear why someone might also want to run ZH-L16B or ZH-L12. I suppose there are divers running VPM-B. I use Multi-Deco, it supports ZH-L16C, ZH-L16B, and VPM-B
Possibly for matching another brand computer on a team dive, or when diving with another brand as your backup, or matching a table.

Yeah, that does seem strange. Especially those first 4. While I understand that GFHi is the only one that really matters during NDL dives, setting GFHi and GFLo to the same values does seem to be a strange choice.
As you point out, only the GF high applies to no-stop diving, they cover a wide and useful range 75, 80, 85, 90, and 93. It's just the 93 that seems a strange choice, why not 95? The 1st four linear settings would not affect light deco either, I have never had a stop deeper than 10 feet, longest 14 min. The final 2 settings are probably aimed more toward longer staged deco and are close to common, contemporary choices.
Possibly for matching another brand computer on a team dive, or when diving with another brand as your backup, or matching a table.
Perhaps, off hand, do not know any computers running ZH-L16B (other than older Ratios) or ZH-L12. I'm sure some divers use VPM-B, including on Shearwaters.

Here:
Whilst prices are mentioned and a delivery charge it is really not clear. I am in UK, do you deliver to the UK incl all VAT charges for the list price plus delivery or will have more charges and what is transit times?

A FAQ section on your website would be really helpful

Whilst prices are mentioned and a delivery charge it is really not clear. I am in UK, do you deliver to the UK incl all VAT charges for the list price plus delivery or will have more charges and what is transit times?

A FAQ section on your website would be really helpful

Hahahaha, I am not affiliated with Ratio so I can't help you here. I am just a user who loves the computers they make.

I suggest that you send them an email and ask them about it.

Their website lists a distributor in the UK:

Liquid Sports‏
Country‏
United Kingdom‏
Status‏
Distributor‏
email‏
alastair@liquidsports.co.uk

For the good folks in the US, Edge-Hog is the official distributor for Ratio dive computers and Edge-Hog dealers in the US can sell Ratio dive computers:

Edge Hog Dealers in US:

Does anyone have a picture of the tank pressure on the computer. I need a large display and I'm very interested in this computer.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom