Ratio Dive Computers Announces New iX3M 2!! Our Best Dive Computer yet!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A better price comparison might be between the Perdix2 and the top of the iX3M2 line, so €950 plus €300 = €125 = $1300 vs the Perdix2 and SWIFT at $1475. Still a better deal, of course, if price be the only criterion.
If all you need are the specs for the iX3M 2 Pro, like I do, my comparison is correct. Others may very well need more. I bought a Teric in 2019 for a great computer, though I do not need many of the more advanced functions.

Like I stated, I'm still waiting for the Peregrine AI, all I would need. Unlike a Ratio, I already have the transmitters for a Shearwater.

If all you need are the specs for the iX3M 2 Pro, like I do, my comparison is correct. Others may very well need more. I bought a Teric in 2019 for a great computer, though I do not need many of the more advanced functions.

Like I stated, I'm still waiting for the Peregrine AI, all I would need. Unlike a Ratio, I already have the transmitters for a Shearwater.
I understand. You were comparing "all you need" with the top-of-the line Shearwater.
I was comparing the tops of both lines.
Neither comparison is wrong, just different.

I've got an ix3m (original). Dived it for a few years. I had 3 complaints which eventually drove me back to shearwater....The lighted transmitter, while fine for open water is not great for caves/wrecks. They provide a neoprene cover but it isn't all that great. It would have been much better to have an on/off feature for the tx light...
I've always disliked the lighted transmitter, same with the Mares transmitter. I would need the neoprene cover. I guess they knew some would not like the feature

Nice to see a healthy competition here !

Diving shearwater at the moment but when time will come to change I think I will give ratio a run.

Thanks for the information, I don't know much about Garmin.

That's quite a user manual with all the activities and functions included!
Yep. There is a lot of stuff in there. I mainly focused on the diving and a couple other functions for now.
It looks like you can choose 5 of the data positions on the 3rd home screen. Some of the choices appear to be battery %, CNS O2, max ascent rate, max depth, max descent rate, N2 load, OTU, SurfGF, TTS, water temp.
Yep. There seem to be a bunch of options for that screen (I moved it to second position) including non-diving specific fields (heart rate, temperature, compass, diving, and other are the categories). There is also a configurable field on the primary screen. That’s where I put SurfGF.
This is the first I have heard of SurfGF being available on other than a Shearwater.
Same here. I had not heard that it had it. I was just scrolling through the options when I found it.

Yeah, same. I got my Perdix AI shortly before the Peregrine was announced. At first I worried that I had just spent too much, but then I saw no AI. AI was a must for me. Since the Peregrine is now the only computer in SW’s line without AI, I wonder how long that will be the case.

I had also looked at Ratio before buying the Shearwater. I liked a lot I heard about it, but the proprietary transmitter was an additional expense that I didn’t have with the SW.

Also, retail locations carrying Ratio were pretty sparse. When I looked previously, there were 4 shops in FL. Two near me, and two in SEFL. The two shops in my area were not ones that I used. I checked today, and only see a Distributor contact for the US. Not sure if that’s just a glitch or if there are no LDS with Ratio anymore.

The new computer seems pretty cool, but I don’t expect to see a ton of them around here if there aren’t many (any?) shops that carry them.

Nice to see a healthy competition here !

Diving shearwater at the moment but when time will come to change I think I will give ratio a run.
My dive lot all Dive Shearwater and have been eyeing up my Ratio recently. They seem impressed with what they can do so far. There is a little learning curve to get used to the UI, but nothing unexpected tbh

Just received my ix3m 2 pro . It will be a week or so before I can get it in the water so for now just posting some quick pictures. It is huge and very bright - which for me is good because I have trouble reading smaller screens (which is rhe nain reason i bought this vs the ratio idive watch). Also the physical buttons feel very solid and now have soft menu labels above each button.

I wi do a table top review over weekend. Any specific questions anyone has I can try to answer.

Can't wait to dive with this.

Attachments

• 20220707_143836.jpg
    20220707_143836.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 137
  • 20220707_143701.jpg
    20220707_143701.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 139
  • 20220707_143505.jpg
    20220707_143505.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 145
Just received my ix3m 2 pro .

Congratulations!!

Did you order it direct from the European site or from a local dealer/distributor in the US?

Did you get the transmitter with it?

Any specific questions anyone has I can try to answer.
Please make screen shots of the compass screen if you can.

Can't wait to dive with this.
I can't wait for you to dive it and to report back. Eagerly awaiting your report.

(Between me, myself and I and the light pole, I need justification to get one to keep my iX3M I company)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom