Ratio Dive Computers Announces New iX3M 2!! Our Best Dive Computer yet!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm surprised it's taken this long for the integration of gas analysis (unless I missed that elsewhere).

Ratio has had that for a while. But for the same price you can have a Palm D, which when the dude next to me asks to borrow my analyzer I can just hand to him.

Ratio has had that for a while. But for the same price you can have a Palm D, which when the dude next to me asks to borrow my analyzer I can just hand to him.
Ah okay, I wasn't familiar with them. I agree though - I was just commenting from a purely innovational standpoint rather than a necessary one. I think it could definitely be useful in certain scenarios and nice to have if you were looking to spend some $$$ on a new computer, but like you mentioned, I've never not had access to an analyzer.

Even in EU their support is terrible so i don't think in US will be any better :wink:
That was not my experience with them at all. I have had my iX3M computer since circa 2017 (I don't remember exactly) and I have always found them very responsive and helpful. I have several of my friends, I think 4 of them, here who bought iX3M's and iDive computers without any issues in support. One of them bought an earlier version of iDive computer but the newer version came out a couple of weeks after he received his, they replaced it for him with the newer version that just came out without too much hassle at all.

I lost the plastic screen protector sheets so they sent me few free without charge. I am using one and still have the extras in storage. They also sent me a replacement USB cable free of charge with extra orings when they thought that the original one I had was faulty. I didn't have to send back the original one first. All of this after the warranty expired.

They went out of their way to help me with installing the o2 analyzer and even made a step by step video of the process for me without too much trouble to me.

They have taken care of me and my friends promptly and politely even though we are living and diving in a war torn country away from their much more significant and active lucrative markets. I never had a vendor call me up or communicate with me to see if I am ok during the war but they did. Heck, their director of engineering was gracious enough to sit with me during a busy dive show in the UK in 2019 and take notes of my comments and suggestions on improvements of their computers only to be surprised to see almost all suggestions implemented in firmware updates over the course of the following year. He was very patient in answering my follow up questions afterwards too. All while being polite and happygolucky Italians.

There are other small very positive details I won't bore you with but ALL experience is positive with them.

which when the dude next to me asks to borrow my analyzer I can just hand to him.
I have two with one from another vendor. I like the ratio one because I don't have to lend it to others and have the excuse not to :)

I have two with one from another vendor. I like the ratio one because I don't have to lend it to others and have the excuse not to :)

I suppose that is one way to look at it. For me sometimes when my sensor gets near the end of its life I like to compare it to a second analyzer, so if I want to borrow from other people, I should be ready to lend mine out on occasion.

Looks great. I took a look at the PDF. Couple of observations:

1.) I was ready to criticize it for using a USB cable to connect to a home computer, which it does list, but it also says it has Bluetooth 5.0. So, can it connect to a home computer (or smartphone?) wirelessly via Bluetooth for downloads?

2.) I see it uses a rechargeable battery. With Shearwater fans, some like the Teric because with a built-in rechargeable, they don't fear flooding it after a battery change. With the Perdix, others run that risk but prefer the option to pop in a fresh battery without waiting for a charge, or wondering if in years to come the battery won't work as well. Some prefer one or the other.

I did not notice what the base model costs in U.S. dollars as yet.

I was ready to criticize it for using a USB cable to connect to a home computer, which it does list, but it also says it has Bluetooth 5.0. So, can it connect to a home computer (or smartphone?) wirelessly via Bluetooth for downloads?

With the USB cable, the new one is awesome, you can recharge the computer and the transmitter as well as download the information from the computer but with Bluetooth you can only download the log, configure some of the settings and upgrade the firmware no issues. I generally use Bluetooth for downloads and the cable for recharging myself.

I see it uses a rechargeable battery. With Shearwater fans, some like the Teric because with a built-in rechargeable, they don't fear flooding it after a battery change. With the Perdix, others run that risk but prefer the option to pop in a fresh battery without waiting for a charge, or wondering if in years to come the battery won't work as well. Some prefer one or the other.

I believe that the batteries have a 10 year expected life. A dealer/distributor is able to replace the batteries when the time comes. I prefer rechargeable myself, I use rechargeables whenever I can with dive equipment, or anything else, that takes batteries.

I did not notice what the base model costs in U.S. dollars as yet.

I am using the European web links so I see the prices in Euros. The Euro is soooo close to USD these days, I think 1E = 1.055 USD.

Hi @BoltSnap

Thanks for the heads up.

The iX3M 2 is a nice-looking computer. I only do no stop and light deco dives, the Pro model would be good for me, 650 euros/$678, transmitter 300 euros/$313, the pair for $991. Perdix 2 and transmitter go for $1475. Of course, I keep hoping for a Peregrine AI someday. I've become very fond of some Shearwater information such as SurfGF.

The Pro model runs Buhlmann ZH-L16C now rather than 16B, never really understood the use of 16B. I really wish they would have included custom GFs rather than just presets. Funny, they kept 4 of the presets from the iX3M (93/93, 90/90, 80/80, and 75/75) and changed 2 (30/90 and 20/89 to 50/85 and 45/80).

I have required service from Shearwater for my Teric, and it has been superlative. Not much information regarding Ratio service in the US.

Does anybody know about the Buhlmann ZH-L12 deco algorithm offered on the Deep and Tech+ models?

With the USB cable, the new one is awesome, you can recharge the computer and the transmitter as well as download the information from the computer but with Bluetooth you can only download the log, configure some of the settings and upgrade the firmware no issues. I generally use Bluetooth for downloads and the cable for recharging myself.

I believe that the batteries have a 10 year expected life. A dealer/distributor is able to replace the batteries when the time comes. I prefer rechargeable myself, I use rechargeables whenever I can with dive equipment, or anything else, that takes batteries.

I am using the European web links so I see the prices in Euros. The Euro is soooo close to USD these days, I think 1E = 1.055 USD.
What is the Euro price?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom