Ratio Dive Computers Announces New iX3M 2!! Our Best Dive Computer yet!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Ratio analyser uses standard sensors that are used in lots of other models

Compatible with Vandagraph R-22VAN or Analytical Industries PSR-11-39-MD probe.

The PSR-11-39-MD is used on HydroSpace Explorer, Inspiration rebreather, KISS rebreather, Nitrox Buddy among others

R-22VAN Oxygen Sensor Compatible with:
Apeks DSX
OXYSPY
DIVESOFT (BLUE CASE AND NOW BLACK CASE) newer type (check your analyser for connector type)
DIVESOFT SOLO
DIVESOFT SOLO O2

Hi,

I came across this little beauty and seems like a good option. I have emailed to ask if it uses the same Vandagraph R-22VAN or Analytical Industries PSR-11-39-MD probe.

After looking around at what else is available I'm confused as to why the nitrox adapter for Ratio is so much more expensive than some stand alone devices or similar add on versions.

Example I can show is from DIVESOFT.

freedom-nitrox-analyzer.html

How come the GPS version of not available to the general public (website states it's military only)? It supports GPS and Bluetooth seems like a near perfect computer!

The GPS version is now available for the general diving public:)

It is also better and more useable than it was on iX3M 1 GPS.

It is also better and more useable than it was on iX3M 1
Can you explain what's the point for gps? As it does not work under water.
Genuine question I can't think of any use

Logging dive location.

You use it to mark dive sites and be able to navigate to these points swimming with fins on surface or on your Kayak, dingy, etc.

Personally, I swim up to 1Km on surface from shore in full kit using my snorkel to get to the drop down point. I use a compass but I don't know if I reached the point exactly or not. Using a GPS that shows bearings and distance to the point will help me a great deal out to the drop down point or back to shore (swimming on surface of course). Logging and marking locations in precise coordinates helps in returning to these sites for many reasons.

It is also better and more useable than it was on iX3M 1

Damn them! I'm not ready to relegate my iX3M2 just yet!! I wonder if they're going to offer a trade-up program? My Descent Mk2i has been relegated to backup after getting my iX3M2 - it's most useful feature is the GPS.

I wonder if they're going to offer a trade-up program?
I wish that they did and they will. It will be fantastic if they do.

I really want and need the iX3M 2 with the GPS. It's much more useable and practical to use. It will solve some issues for me with the kind of diving I do and planning to do.

Back
Top Bottom