Ratio Dive Computers Announces New iX3M 2!! Our Best Dive Computer yet!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here's what he sent me.
He uses theese settings.

Attachments

• IMG-f5110ca42e60e0dfbd460e652651655a-V.jpg
    IMG-f5110ca42e60e0dfbd460e652651655a-V.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG-4b47da7eae2810252217305b5fd7a2c1-V~2.jpg
    IMG-4b47da7eae2810252217305b5fd7a2c1-V~2.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG-c5da090e3addaaa2c04f6726064f5450-V~2.jpg
    IMG-c5da090e3addaaa2c04f6726064f5450-V~2.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 94
Here's what he sent me.
He uses theese settings.
Brilliant, it works!!!!

Thanks a million. I had a discussion with another member about this few months ago when I bought my iX3M 2 and he told me that BT doesn't work. I remember also seeing somewhere else that BT is not supported and it is there only for future use by Ratio for their own software. Hence I considered it done.

But thanks to you @drakcheslav it works fine!!

I will be crossing Serbia from south to north on the 26/27th of July (overnight stay on the 26th in Belgrade) with my family as we are having a road trip to Czech Republic. If you are anywhere near there let me know and I'll be happy to buy you a beer.

Thank you.

Brilliant, it works!!!!

Thanks a million. I had a discussion with another member about this few months ago when I bought my iX3M 2 and he told me that BT doesn't work. I remember also seeing somewhere else that BT is not supported and it is there only for future use by Ratio for their own software. Hence I considered it done.

But thanks to you @drakcheslav it works fine!!

I will be crossing Serbia from south to north on the 26/27th of July (overnight stay on the 26th in Belgrade) with my family as we are having a road trip to Czech Republic. If you are anywhere near there let me know and I'll be happy to buy you a beer.

Thank you.

I just checked my Subsurface software, it already supports iX3M 2!!:

1688775778287.png

I just checked my Subsurface software, it already supports iX3M 2!!:

Yes, it already supports iX3M2 for USB download, but from what I can tell not Bluetooth. This is probably something to take to the Subsurface mailing list.

I've managed to connect BT and download from my iX3M2 Pro on my Android. Selected iX3M Pro Easy, was asked to pair (used its serial # as a pairing PIN) and it successfully downloaded.

I haven't been able to successfully download via BT from my iX3M2 on Subsurface PC - only USB. I paired using Windows BT, again using the serial # as the pairing PIN. If I select iX3M2, and BT mode, it connects successfully, and I get (correctly) a message saying there's no new dives to download. If I force all dives, it comes up with a data transfer error. If I select any of the IX3M models, it doesn't even get that far.

Just after I fount out about this yesterday I went to post it to subsurface support mailing list, but before I opened a new thread I searched a bit and fount this thread from July 2022:
There in the last posts it is said that BT in subsurface mobile works if you choose 2021 GPS models!!!
So this is clearly known to the subsurface devs since last year. Obviously they haven't got the time/motivation to properly add iX3M 2 models to the list.
I'll write a polite reply reminding them.

You do realize that there are 2 guys developing subsurface desktop, and maybe a single guy porting it to mobile.. and probably they're doing it as a hobby or a side project. Since I know that at least one of the devs has to mantain and check the whole linux code base
😂

You do realize that there are 2 guys developing subsurface desktop, and maybe a single guy porting it to mobile.. and probably they're doing it as a hobby or a side project. Since I know that at least one of the devs has to mantain and check the whole linux code base
😂

No $$$ to them for their efforts in any way?

Unless you donate. Subsurface is opensource, wich means free, as in free beer. You can even get the code, change it and use it like that. Or if you wanna help, and know to program, give a commit for it and improve the code base.

😂
Yes I know. I've helped (a tiny bit) Dirk locate and fix few naughty bugs over the years. Unfortunately my coding knowledge is very limited, so I can't be of much help with coding. That's why I try to be kind/helpful as much as I can.

Until recently I remember that Dirk refused donations (because "donators" quite often ended up "demanding" features, specific support etc). Now he accepts donations (see link above).

Now about iX3M2 according to the reply I got from Jef in the support group, these newer models should be already in the drop down list in subsurface mobile, but I don't see them in the version I am using (latest stable version ie 3.4.7). There was a new beta released few weeks ago and probably that's where these have been implemented, but that beta won't even start (it keeps crashing - known issue to the devs) in my mobile, so I can't confirm.

I'll be waiting for the fix. In the mean time I keep the older version and use 2021 GPS models.

I just want to say that I was sceptical about the Ratio as not many places sell them or know much about them. Real red flag especially for such an important bit of kit.

A quick Google search and I only found one article online and a YouTube video of an older model iX3M. Both said only good things but that's not really enough to convince me. No way of proving impartiallity.

Then I came across two YouTubes from divers supply in the US from the Man himself Bob Collins as EDGE-HOGs with new distribution.

Obviously that seemed to give it some credibility. So I emailed Ratio directly in Italy who almost immediately replyed. Very helpful indeed but due to the UK post Brexit world decided not to buy direct.

After another Google and look I could not find anyone currently selling it nor did Ratio list it's UK sellers. Even the previous UK distributors website didn't work.

I eventually tracked down ADS who I again had a great email response and settled my concerns with buying Ratio as they can deal with any problem as the UK representative if I have issues. No annoying and expensive Brexit paper work for returns for the consumer.

So far I have had great responses with Ratio directly, Bob Collins of EDGE-HOG and with Andy of ADS. This all is very important and make me feel very comfortable.

The other really I mean really big thing that is important about Ratio is they use Subsurface.

For anyone that does not know Subsurface (I certainly didn't untill I looked it up). The brain child passion project of the Linux creator Linus Torvalds and maintained by Dirk Hohndel.

And so being multiplatform Windows, Mac and Linux. Along with mobile app integration for Android and IOS. Vitally important and why Ratio can offer such a great deal as they don't need to focus on anything but the computer. I'm also sure if other brand dive computer users use the logging software, they will swap over instantly and can do easily FOC. Maybe then they will buy Ratio when they need a new computer.

While researching online I came across another resource called https://www.scuba-sites.com

Anyway this is my experience below are some other links you will find helpful if interested in Ratio.

Review: Ratio iX3M 2 Dive Computer

Cover suitable for Ratio iX3M 2 - FrescH-Print

RATIO IXM3

Back
Top Bottom