Ratio Dive Computers Announces New iX3M 2!! Our Best Dive Computer yet!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That is excellent! Thank you for taking the lead on this.

I am preparing a list of questions and suggestions of things to modify/add to their computers and includes the SufGF in addition to following things:

1. Ability to change the sensitivity of the compass reaction time

2. Showing the current GF % during the dive.

3. Custom GF in ALL versions of their iX3M computers (I doubt that they would accept it).

4. Ability to switch between "Recreational Mode" and "Technical Mode" to shield the recreational user from the more advanced features used by the technical divers. (I believe that SW has something similar)

5. Some other ideas I have so the list isn't complete.

I believe that it will be most helpful if others send the same requests to Ratio to show that there is popular support for these features.

If anyone here has more ideas of what to request from them, please put it here so that I can include it in my email discussions with them.
I'm going to email them.

I read in one review the desire of a game to play on suffice intervals akin to the classic Nokia phones Snake. I laughed at it but I can't stop thinking pong, space invaders or PacMan would be cool. But it's really unserious compared to all the other important things. I guess it's just a sign of our time that people expect such nonsense.

I'm going to email them.

I read in one review the desire of a game to play on suffice intervals akin to the classic Nokia phones Snake. I laughed at it but I can't stop thinking pong, space invaders or PacMan would be cool. But it's really unserious compared to all the other important things. I guess it's just a sign of our time that people expect such nonsense.
Okay,

So I did and got a message that the office are all away on holiday till 27th August. Good for them I like a business that lets the staff have suitable holiday off together.

Anyway I basically put the general consensus of what was suggested as I agree with it and a curve ball that I laughed at when I first read suggested. But then thought heck why not programmers add Easter eggs all the time. I know I would add some funky SCUBA animations for surface intervals.

___
I have recently purchase through ADS in Scotland and awaiting my order. In that time I have been doing some research and come to these points I though to share with you for product development.

I will also add that I only purchased from ADS because of Brexit issues. I didn't know if I ordered from you what my final cost would be after shipping and imports tax would be. If you had a way of showing this I would have ordered directly.

Please add SufGF this is a major advantage Garmin and Sherwater have over Ratio and I would easily consider buying them over Ratio if just looking at paper stats.

3. Custom GF in ALL versions of iX3M computers.

4. Ability to switch between "Recreational Mode" and "Technical Mode" to shield the recreational user from the more advanced features used by the technical divers. (Other dive computer manufacturers have that).

5. Games for during surface intervals.
Like the classic Nokia phones had Snake, pong, space invaders, chess.

___
I have recently purchase through ADS in Scotland and awaiting my order. In that time I have been doing some research and come to these points I though to share with you for product development.

I will also add that I only purchased from ADS because of Brexit issues. I didn't know if I ordered from you what my final cost would be after shipping and imports tax would be. If you had a way of showing this I would have ordered directly.

Please add SufGF this is a major advantage Garmin and Sherwater have over Ratio and I would easily consider buying them over Ratio if just looking at paper stats.

3. Custom GF in ALL versions of iX3M computers.

4. Ability to switch between "Recreational Mode" and "Technical Mode" to shield the recreational user from the more advanced features used by the technical divers. (Other dive computer manufacturers have that).

5. Games for during surface intervals.
Like the classic Nokia phones had Snake, pong, space invaders, chess
You did send Ratio this in an email?

I'm still not sure of US sales and service. Diver's Supply is a big Edge/Hog dealer, they have iX3M 2 computers but no transmitters.

I have sent the US distributor an email with several questions.

@BoltSnap Do you have the Nitrox Analyser and if so do you know if the sensor is used on any other stand alone analysers?

Would be nice to have something that could be used on various devices.

Sorry for my ignorance on this matter.

Yes!

I don't know but you can buy it inexpensively in UK. Check:

Sorry @BoltSnap I think I should have put it a little more clearly. Do you know of a stand alone model that uses the same sensor as the Ratio?

(But I think I will look at that Vandagraph stand alone model first as it's a little more useful if in a group of people. Also as a cross reference against the Ratio model. )

And that book they sell look might worth having.

Oxygen Measurement for Divers Book
Written by John S. Lamb

Do you know of a stand alone model that uses the same sensor as the Ratio?
I don't know but this doesn't mean that there isn't. It just means I don't know :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom