Ratio Dive Computers Announces New iX3M 2!! Our Best Dive Computer yet!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

iX3M 2 legenda Line Select Key

When it prompts for a gas switch, what does the "No" button do? How is pressing No different than pressing Back?

Also, what are the dimensions of this unit? I see the screen is 2.8", but I can't find the external dimensions of the computer itself anywhere.

When it prompts for a gas switch, what does the "No" button do? How is pressing No different than pressing Back?

That is a strange level of detail for a question to ask for someone who doesn't have the computer. It's laid out pretty clearly in the manual which is readily available for download from their website. YES proceeds with the suggested mix change, BACK postpones the switch, and NO disables the mix (still able to be selected manually through the MIX table)

Also, what are the dimensions of this unit? I see the screen is 2.8", but I can't find the external dimensions of the computer itself anywhere.

Attachments

• IMG_20231010_094054958.jpg
    IMG_20231010_094054958.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_20231010_094207494.jpg
    IMG_20231010_094207494.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_20231010_094242873.jpg
    IMG_20231010_094242873.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 48
That is a strange level of detail for a question to ask for someone who doesn't have the computer. It's laid out pretty clearly in the manual which is readily available for download from their website. YES proceeds with the suggested mix change, BACK postpones the switch, and NO disables the mix (still able to be selected manually through the MIX table)

Small things. Subtle details. Those are often the difference between something that works really well and something that looks like it should work well (maybe just to a bean counter) but turns out to not be as well-designed as the book's cover (so to speak) would suggest.

I noticed that in that picture and thought, "that could be a sign of a really dumb design. Or it could be something cool and useful that I can't think of." I didn't want to assume, so I asked.

Having it say "No" is not intuitive at all. "Disable" seems like it would be much more intuitive. But, maybe they didn't have room for that many letters. I don't know.

I will give it credit for at least being a somewhat useful function in that context.

If they worked with the industry-ubiquitous transmitters, I would seriously consider buying one, just to develop my own thoughts on how it compares to a Shearwater. (but it doesn't, so I won't)

If they worked with the industry-ubiquitous transmitters, I would seriously consider buying one, just to develop my own thoughts on how it compares to a Shearwater. (but it doesn't, so I won't)
Probably for the best. I had the iX3M2 and it didn't work properly, and their customer service was awful. Switched to a Perdix 2 and it's so much better.

Probably for the best. I had the iX3M2 and it didn't work properly, and their customer service was awful. Switched to a Perdix 2 and it's so much better.

Have you posted details about that anywhere, where you could share a link for us to read?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom