*NOT So* Cuteness...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CBulla:
See.. what happened here is you took food and named it, now its a pet.
Actually, we did that when I was growing up in Tennessee too. Chickens, rabbits, pigs ... they all had names. And when they were grown up we'd kill 'em, dress 'em, write their name and expiration date on the wrapping paper and stick 'em in the freezer. The way we saw it, we fed them for a while, then they fed us ... seemed like a reasonable arrangement ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Sylvain:
lets try this again

Dude - thats a hoot... my WIFE rescued a bunch of ducklings from a drain at our Venice Beach FL dive site.. 9 duckies.. she even got people to put down gear and help her out!

Bob - Funny you should mention it. A person I went to college with raised a 4H cow with her kids. They had named the cow Booger and taken it to shows and what not.. well, when Booger was the right age and weight, it was taken to the Butcher's and cut into all sorta things, including ground for burgers. For about half the semester she had a new story of the jokes or songs the kids would make up about eating Booger Burger or Booger Butt (rump roast) or any number of Eating Booger things..

Sooo..whats the latest squak on the water demon?

CBulla:
Bob - Funny you should mention it. A person I went to college with raised a 4H cow with her kids. They had named the cow Booger and taken it to shows and what not.. well, when Booger was the right age and weight, it was taken to the Butcher's and cut into all sorta things, including ground for burgers. For about half the semester she had a new story of the jokes or songs the kids would make up about eating Booger Burger or Booger Butt (rump roast) or any number of Eating Booger things..
Cheng's sister once owned a cow named Hamburger ... guess it's farmer humor ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Oh no! the baby fell in the grate???

I hate those grates on my bike, especially the ones that go the "wrong way" and eat tires.

It is hard to leave a duck that chases you, crying. I feel like I am leaving a two year old at pre-school. I am very pessimistic about how this is going.

I know that somewhere on this island some elderly person or some kid living on the water would love to have this duck, just not me.

I guess you just can't give the bird to anyone, eh? I'd float an idea past you, but I'm not sure if you have the gull to do it... it would require you feather your relationship with the little creature. Then again, you may have to wait till he's airborn to fly the coop on his own :)

Let me try to catch up here - I missed the duck story...

You rescued a baby mallard, raised him without even other baby ducks, kept him in the house, went swimming with him, pampered and now want him to go wild sleeping in the park with other ducks that treat him as the newbie, eating bugs, and expect him to go easily.

I think they had the same problem getting Paris Hilston to jail...

DandyDon:
I think they had the same problem getting Paris Hilston to jail...

:rofl3:

Don is right. The duckling is now what they call an 'imprint'. It has an identity issue and will probably always be a 'pet'. I raised 5 orphaned hen mallard ducklings when I was a kid. They imprinted, but it was different because they always associated with each other. When they were big enough we took them to my grandparent's farm where they grew up strong and stuck together even after they taught themselves to fly. After learning to fly they grew less tame and one day in November or December they up and migrated South. It really threw us for a loop when they showed up again in the spring. They were even more wild by then, but would still come into the yard if we kept our distance. They migrated and returned 2 years in a row before they finally disappeared among the local wild duck population. It was a cool childhood experience.

-Ben

Back
Top Bottom