Favorite Taxi Drivers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mcpowell

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Having been here for a very pleasant 2 weeks, we have come to know a particular taxi driver (Luis) that we really enjoy using. We used Luis in Nov 2023 as well. You know how some drivers try just a bit too hard, and some never say a word? Well Luis is just right. We text him via WhatsApp and if he’s available he will give us a very accurate ETA. His English is very good. He’s pleasant, funny, and really seems to care.

Luis took us to the east side, twice, during our 2 weeks. I don’t think I’ll ever rent a car again.

And so I thought we could have a thread where good taxi drivers are listed, with their contact information. I did ask Luis if he was okay with me sharing his number, and he gave his permission. I cannot imagine any would care.

Luis - Taxi #727 - WhatsApp +529871147871

1716565765974.jpeg

Added pic for fun.

Having been here for a very pleasant 2 weeks, we have come to know a particular taxi driver (Luis) that we really enjoy using. We used Luis in Nov 2023 as well. You know how some drivers try just a bit too hard, and some never say a word? Well Luis is just right. We call him via WhatsApp and if he’s available he will give us a very accurate ETA. His English is very good. He’s pleasant, funny, and really seems to care.

Luis took us to the east side, twice, during our 2 weeks. I don’t think I’ll ever rent a car again.

And so I thought we could have a thread where good taxi drivers are listed, with their contact information. I did ask Luis if he was okay with me sharing his number, and he gave his permission. I cannot imagine any would care.

Luis - Taxi #727 - WhatsApp +529871147871
We do the same thing. The driver we use is Jose Luis Gutierrez "Squarepants" Lopez in taxi van 350, and he is very much like the guy you use. I am not comfortable posting his contact info on the open forum, but PM me and I will send it to you.

We found him several years ago in line at a taxi stand and booked him for the excursion around the island, and now we use him a lot for taking our group to and from dinners as well. He is a great guy with excellent English, and he is very knowledgeable of the history and culture of Cozumel.

I am not comfortable posting his contact info on the open forum, but PM me and I will send it to you.
Maybe message him and ask? Could be a win²...

Maybe message him and ask? Could be a win²...
I won't put anyone's personal phone number out on the free range internet. I have PM'ed his contact info to a couple of people who asked me for it, as I will to anyone who requests it.

True. He would most likely very much appreciate the business, if asked.
It could also result in an inundation of junk calls to his phone from webbots that mine phone numbers from internet traffic.

I second Gordon's recommendation for Jose. I got his contact from Gordon a couple of years ago and was impressed to the point that Jose is the only taxi driver I use now. On the few occasions Jose wasn't going to be available for something I had planned, he set me up with other drivers he knew. Great guy and I've learned a lot chatting with him.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom