*NOT So* Cuteness...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lol, since you live in Washington, maybe you could do it again for your kids?

he did not even like the ramp we made him. or the other ducks, which were pretty scarey looking.

DSC_0111-2.jpg

Paris might be a better name, too! really, we have tried about six places so far.

DSC_0103.jpg

I wonder if Mallards in Hawaii migrate to the mainland?

the guy that chewed me out did say that they were protected under the migratory bird act. next thing you know, somebody from the state will probably show up and try and fine me ten thousand or so.

yeah but who is going to teach little duckie to migrate

i can imagine Catherine in a ultraplane in formation with the duckies

almitywife:
yeah but who is going to teach little duckie to migrate

i can imagine Catherine in a ultraplane in formation with the duckies
You watched that movie too, huh?

Catherine, what are those birds in that bottom picture? They look like seagulls with a bad case of excessive makeup ... (Tammy Faye birds?) No wonder your poor little duckie was scared of 'em ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Pekin ducks. Had one that lived next door in Culebra. Cool hissing guard duck. The brown neigbhor kids were always trying to hit it with rocks. Little ba$tards! I yelled at them several times a day.

catherine96821:
lol, since you live in Washington, maybe you could do it again for your kids?

Ha! Nice try. :D
Sorry, I grew up and made my own migration far from the farm. No more ducky accommodations. Besides, that's a soft little island duck. I don't think she'd be happy living North of the 45th parallel where the water gets cold and stiff in the winter and the drinks don't have little umbrellas in them.

Remember, she's just a baby and still needs you. Give her a few months and she'll be a teenager. Then all you have to do is set up some rules like "Don't leave the yard." and "Stay away from those other ducks." Before you know it problem solved.

-Ben

Catherine, what are those birds in that bottom picture? They look like seagulls with a bad case of excessive makeup ...

yea, he did not like the looks of those baby huey ducks, they were more like dogs. I have never seen a duck wag it's tail like that. He couldn't get past their make-up either.

who is going to teach little duckie to migrate
that is a pretty long trip, too.

Ben, this duck has to go, T-O-D-A-Y, I already have the bad room mate teenagers and can't have another one. He keeps trying to eat the mole on my leg while I am cooking, and it's pretty obnoxious. JB just told me to be strong "dump him in the water and don't look back".

I wonder if there is a certain time of day where he will adapt better? It would really be a shame if he survived this far and a barracuda gets him.

I have to put him in a body of water to slow him down...I don't want him running under my car on my way out. I do hope he can find some fresh water to drink.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom