Northern Clan Gathering

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If we don't get to dive next Saturday in San Marcos (San Marcos River), I can arrange something at Joe's Crab Shack for next Saturday night. I'll bet we could get the patio and attract more people. What do you think, Alan? Do the river another time? Would next Saturday be too soon, Dee and Mike? Please let me know.... :icon82:

ScubaTexan:
If we don't get to dive next Saturday in San Marcos (San Marcos River), I can arrange something at Joe's Crab Shack for next Saturday night. I'll bet we could get the patio and attract more people. What do you think, Alan? Do the river another time? Would next Saturday be too soon, Dee and Mike? Please let me know.... :icon82:

Hi Ken...... I think I am going to hold my plans for San Marcos,,,,still have 3 other divers waiting to see how their schd. works out for Sat 1/15 (( Adam,,Rick,,Skeet)). The 29th. is our LDS Diver Day Out in OK.. Maybe the 22nd. (Sat.)??? Joes Crab Shack is good for me!

Foo and Family can't make it the 22nd, so it looks like it's got to be next Saturday, or wait until February. Ask Adam, Rick and Skeet if they would like to join us, if their schedules allow. I've waited this long to do San Marcos -- I can wait a little longer. :D

Dee:
Can a couple of Southern Swamper crash the party? Beast and I might be able to make it if it's on a Sat.

Dee, you need to ask if you can join? I was expecting to see y’all. :eyebrow:

Let’s see what kind of head count we get before making reservations. This weekend is out for me, and on the 22nd the kids are coming up from Denton. Joe’s does sound good, as long as we get one that has a smoking section inside so Des, Gary, and I can occasionally drift over there and don’t have to go outside. Any other restaurant suggestions would be great if y’all don’t like the noise at Joe’s. If it’s good with everyone that has to drive in, sometime in Feb. would be good for me.

I have a little project that has just came up. Found one of my dogs this morning shot and sick but alive, just found one dead that had crawled under some brush by the back fence to the pasture to die, and another alive but sick and not shot that was laying by his dead sister in the brush. One is missing that didn’t come home. Leads me to believe that someone is poisoning/shooting dogs around here again. There have been some problems with that in this area for the last couple of years on an irregular and inconsistent basis.

I’m going hunting.

If it is convenient for everyone let’s look at sometime in Feb. or so, give us time to get everyone that wants to participate a chance to get things together and decide on a gathering place. I miss seeing y’all!

tx.lakerats:
I must have been a SAINT!!! Santa left me a dry suit!

Dry suit…you cad! Well, better you than me, I hate cold water! But congrats on the suit! If I had one I may dive this time of year.

I think we should make Ken the Representative on making the reservations. He did sooo well last year on it. :D

sealskin98:
Let’s see what kind of head count we get before making reservations. This weekend is out for me, and on the 22nd the kids are coming up from Denton. Joe’s does sound good, as long as we get one that has a smoking section inside so Des, Gary, and I can occasionally drift over there and don’t have to go outside. Any other restaurant suggestions would be great if y’all don’t like the noise at Joe’s. If it’s good with everyone that has to drive in, sometime in Feb. would be good for me.

If it is convenient for everyone let’s look at sometime in Feb. or so, give us time to get everyone that wants to participate a chance to get things together and decide on a gathering place. I miss seeing y’all!

I think we should make Ken the Representative on making the reservations. He did sooo well last year on it. :D

And the year before that.... :)

February might be better, actually. I've got to leave the 12th open, in case our church wants to have another Sweetheart Banquet again (which I was also in charge of last year). The 5th and 19th seem to be available. Again, let me know. Also, Dee, tell the Southerners they're more than welcome to come up and join us. See if you can get Tony and Brenda back across the Sabine for a weekend.

Our Jan sched: open 1/15 evening; cruising 1/22; open 1/29 (possibly Lake Murray?- yall wanna have the git-together there?)
Our Feb sched: open 2/5; Beaumont 2/12; open 2/19, in Dallas on 2/20; Dallas 2/26.

Hope this helps.
Foo

February might be good so we can plan a little better. My stepdaughter announced she may be coming up for the weekend of the 15th so I will not be able to make plan Sat night anyway. Lord knows we wouldn't want to upset the Princess!
I like Feb 5.

Feb. would probably be better for us, too. We're going east to meet with Tony and Brenda at the end of the month, 29/30? Don't have anything scheduled for Feb. at all. It'll also give everyone a little extra time to work it in. Hopefully we can get a good Swampers attendance.

The Southern Swampers have dwindled drastically. There's only about 5-6 of us.

Mike...we had the same thing happening to our cats and others around the neighborhood. They would just disappear overnight, no sign of them anywhere. Never have found out exactly what happened but we all suspect poisoning. Good hunting!

Feb. would be better for me if anyone really cares.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom