Northern Clan Gathering

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sealskin98

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Anyone up to a Dallas area dinner while the weather is…ummm…cool?

We need to get a gathering together sometime soon, I’m gettin’ withdrawals. Maybe we can procure a T.V with a VCR in an establishment and do some of the U/W video tapes that we have, along with pics.

Now, as to where would be good for everyone to meet. Pappadeaux's was great last year, but let’s do something diff. this year. Joe’s Crab Shack? Paradise Café on the windy side of Coz.? (I get the hammock closest to the steps) Suggestions are more than welcome.

Did I mention that I’m getting withdrawals? I’ve started suiting up and standing outside in the freezing rain.

Dang I need a dry suit.

Hey Mike,,,, I did not make last years gathering because I was not a member of the SB then. But I would join in for a dinner.....any metro location is good for me, the places you mentioned are fine. Sounds like fun!

Sounds great to us, would welcome a get-together. Could possibly do next weekend, anytime except during the day on Saturday. We are attending a karate tournament in Arlington on Sat. The weekend that we couldn't make is Jan. 21-23. Going diving (cruise). BTW, we just returned from a family cruise with our LDS, got in 4 dives in Coz, including my first night dive (!) Will post a report asap.

Foo

Can a couple of Southern Swamper crash the party? Beast and I might be able to make it if it's on a Sat.

Sounds good to me!! Joe's I think would be a BLAST!! I'm in - Saturday's work best for me as well! Withdrawal's are HARD this time of year!!

Saturday Night or day? I close the shop at 6PM. No big deal if I show up late I bet!

We will be unable to attend a day thing on Sat (the 15th), but will probably be free after around 5 pm. Would Arlington work good for most people? I certainly couldn't name where anyplace is to go, but we'll be at UT Arlington that day, could get a room somewhere in Arlington that night if that's what works for everyone. No problem going to another part of the metroplex, however. We will certainly be making our way toward Lewisville before we go back home to the country. Gotta see the grandson, he'll really be missing me by then. Unless yall would rather do a sunday afternoon thing? We're pretty flexible, except for Sat. day.

Foo

Dee:
Can a couple of Southern Swamper crash the party? Beast and I might be able to make it if it's on a Sat.

Awesome!

Sat. afternoon or evening either one is cool with us. We'll spend Sat. night and come home Sunday.

As for Joe's Crab Shack, or wherever....we need to be able to hear and see each other! The Joe's down here are usually pretty loud. The last meet at Papacitas, it was nice to have a round table. We could talk to everyone, not just those sitting on each side and across the table. Know what I mean? Just something to think about.We'll go wherever ya'll decide.

Back
Top Bottom