Product Review: New “Generation 2” BARE SB Drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hoping for a report soon from Seajay on the XCS2. The scuba show will be here in early June and Bare will be an exhibitor, so I'll be looking at their offerings and maybe getting measured for a drysuit.

I received a shipping confirmation from BARE today for my new XCS2.

order.png

I'm so looking forward to it.

Last edited:
I tried your suggestion of 4th element mid layer and is seems pretty nice. If I could find where my left wrist seal is leaking it would be great even in 62 degree water with a lot lower activity level than a commercial diver would typically have on a dive.

Thanks

FourthE makes some pretty nice stuff. Which one/combo did you go with? At 62° water temp I'd probably be diving a Xerotherm by itself... Maybe a Drybase underneath of it.

...Although if you're DIR and prone in a trilaminate suit, an Arctic wouldn't be a bad choice either. Depends on your activity level and how warm you want to be.

What suit are you diving, and what wrist seals do you have? Did you see the method I used to find the SB leak? The "fill with air and use a soap solution" (taken right off the DUI site) found it immediately.

The "fill with water and look for leaks" wasn't real effective.

I have an xeotherm over the bare base layer. It was hot today so the surface of all the mid layer was damp, but my left forearm was soaked. I'm pretty sure it's the wrist seal as I didn't have it when I used dry gloves last time.

It's a santi emotion, using the Viking cuffs and dry glove adapters. I think I need to pull the locking ring and look at the seal and either replace it or reinstall it more uniformly positioned.

Nice setup!

Do you find that there's any stretch in the e.motion trilaminate drysuit material? What year is the drysuit?

It's a 2015/2016 suit. The first suit came with an attached hood and sent it back. Not sure of the build date without looking. If it stretches it doesn't stretch much.

Sweet... So the latest one.

Extreme Exposure - the US importer of the suits - says it's not stretch... And SANTI says nothing about stretch.

...But this video confuses the issue some:

See 35-40 second mark.

If it's not stretch - and I would believe it's not, since it's a trilam - then it's interesting to note that SANTI is making a stretch undergarment (Flex190), but not a stretch drysuit.

Ah, well that explains a lot. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom