My Jets are about to die :(

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When I bought my jets in 1968 I was told to use a small stride kick and that they do not work well with a frog kick. When I bought my twin jets in 2005, the LDS told me to use a small stride kick and that they don't work well with a frog kick. (Notice the similarity)
They do work well with a porpus swin and that is what I use 90% of the time. Because of their small fin size they have been great for cave diving and wreck diving. This is just an old divers opinion and experience, We have them sometimes.

I wonder what they say about the paddle jets nowadays.

I guess I need to qualfy the statements made by my LDS from now on with you guys. I think I'll try to frog kick this weekend.

I heard back from the shop this morning - Jet fins do not have a lifetime warranty according to them ... but they'll make me a deal on a new pair lol - no thanks

That isn't what my LDS tells me. You may want to shoot SP an email & ask them about it:

swarranty@johnsonoutdoors.com

I don't have a catalog with me, but I seem to recall reading in one that they were covered for life.

kidspot:
I heard back from the shop this morning - Jet fins do not have a lifetime warranty according to them ... but they'll make me a deal on a new pair lol - no thanks

Damn... Seems like I've been told that more than once also...I hear too many negative anecdotal stories about this company and their customer support. Too bad I have a bunch of their darn regulators and they wear out very slowly....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom