My Jets are about to die :(

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes that is where all the sress is concentrated....

gotta say they've been great for doing my swim tests in ... though my legs have felt like jello after a couple of them :wink: Yesterday was an 1800ft underwater swim - day before that was a 1200ft surface swim in full gear, tomorrow is the underwater ditch/swim/air share/donn drill and a free freedive to 50fsw ... hopefully the last 2 ribs hold out for those final swims as I don't want to swap my jets out for turtles :(

Your LDS may still have a record of it. Worth asking about. Hell, if they just remember selling them to you they should be able to take care of it.

Thanks Wayward - I may just go and ask tomorrow - it's not my "normal" lds, it's the local "chain" store who happens to be the only SP dealer on the island. But I doubt they sell many as they had to special order these in for me after discouraging me from buying those "cinder blocks" lol.

Aloha, Tim

I have a pair of Tusa X-perts I could send to you instead.. :D

Dude...couple strips of Duct tape and you're good to go! :D

I just had mine break this year, but I bought them used, so no way of knowing how old/used they were. However, they were the earlier non-lightening type, so it's possible they were well used.

bwerb:
Dude...couple strips of Duct tape and you're good to go! :D

You beat me to it! :D

Tim, what kind of kick do you do? I might be wrong, but I'd think that wouldn't happen on the top side of the fin doing the modified frog kick.

I tend to keep gear forever. I have Rocket fins that I bought new, don't recall if it was 1978 or 1984 for that pair.

I wanted Jets & found out that they have a lifetime warranty. So it was $65 from LP with their warranty, $80 from my LDS with a lifetime warranty. That was a no brainer for me.

On the other hand I see them used for under $50 often, frequently about $35 per pair, so for an extra pair or to replace a lost fin (not warrantied), that's an attractive option.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom