My Jets are about to die :(

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If I were you, my approach to this would be to take them to the shop, tell them that I bought them there about 3 years ago & show them the damage. If they won't replace them under warranty, i would then ask "So, what's the point of buying from an authorized dealer again? I might as well buy the next ones from Leisurepro, they can't stick it to me any worse, can they?"

If that doesn't do it, I would then write Scubapro directly & inform them of what happened, including the name & address of the shop & why I won't be buying from their authorized dealers any more. The sole advantages of buying from authorized dealers is to get great customer & warranty service, so if they can't deliver on what they promise there's simply no point in it.

Wayward Son:
I wanted Jets & found out that they have a lifetime warranty. So it was $65 from LP with their warranty, $80 from my LDS with a lifetime warranty. That was a no brainer for me.

Whose lifetime; yours, the LDS's or the jets?

Dive-aholic:
You beat me to it! :D

Tim, what kind of kick do you do? I might be wrong, but I'd think that wouldn't happen on the top side of the fin doing the modified frog kick.

I do a frog/mod-frog 95% of the time... it's the bottom of the fin though that the cracking started on.

LOL - I like your approach ... dunno if I'd have the guts to try it, but very creative :wink:

Wayward Son:
If I were you, my approach to this would be to take them to the shop, tell them that I bought them there about 3 years ago & show them the damage. If they won't replace them under warranty, i would then ask "So, what's the point of buying from an authorized dealer again? I might as well buy the next ones from Leisurepro, they can't stick it to me any worse, can they?"

If that doesn't do it, I would then write Scubapro directly & inform them of what happened, including the name & address of the shop & why I won't be buying from their authorized dealers any more. The sole advantages of buying from authorized dealers is to get great customer & warranty service, so if they can't deliver on what they promise there's simply no point in it.

What do you have to lose? That was part of the pitch from my LDS: "Sure, you can buy them on the net. the best price we know about is $62. the best I can do is $80, but if you buy them here the fins are warrantied for life, where on the net they won't be. Do be sure to keep your receipt."

If the shop balks, sometimes all it takes is a reminder of what they're supposed to be doing.

I have that receipt in my gun safe, with other papers that need to be kept protected. But the same people own & run the shop so I wouldn't even need it here. For now. A different shop or new owners, I would. But this shop keeps a file on every customer, I can walk in today & she can pull every original sales ticket for everything I've bought there since day one. I dunno if other shops can do that or not.

Wayward Son:
[...]I can walk in today & she can pull every original sales ticket for everything I've bought there since day one. I dunno if other shops can do that or not.
My shop can... but it might take a while to print. :D

(Who needs to eat, anyway? The Scuba Single diet: Buy gear, eat ramen.)

kidspot:
I do a frog/mod-frog 95% of the time... it's the bottom of the fin though that the cracking started on.

I just looked at your photo again and realized that's the bottom of the fin. :confused: I'll have to keep an eye on my fins!

well I went into the LDS today and they are sending it into their warranty dept. tomorrow - no reciept needed :D So it looks like I may be getting a new fin soon :D

Thanks for everyone pointing out the warranty info from Scubapro!

Aloha, Tim

Thats pretty good. I had an Oceanic compass that developed a bubble in it. I called Oceanic for warranty service and they told me it was out of warranty. I told the guy what are you talking about gauges are warranties for life. Then I get the run around about the authorized dealer, needing a receipt, and actually seeing a copy of the warranty. Well I surprised him, I had it all and they replaced it finally (with another compass with a bubble). However, I feel I really shouldn't been treated like that. I am glad Scuba Pro treats people better.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom