Military Humor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

can a non-military person post here? my Dad wrote this while he was in the Army in WW II. Many thanks to all you guys for all you do for the rest of us!

cowprintrabbit:
can a non-military person post here? my Dad wrote this while he was in the Army in WW II. Many thanks to all you guys for all you do for the rest of us!

We don't discriminate! We just wanted to have our own area to "hang out."

Sergeant: "There is a right way and then there is the Army way."
Lieutenant: "Isn't that the same thing as the wrong way?"
Sergeant: "Yes, but a whole lot faster!"

The difference between the Air Force and the Army:

The Air Force takes care of its people, who in-turn take care of the mission
The Army takes care of the mission and the people take care of themselves

2Tours N Iraq`:

When I was in the Air Force, a Navy guy told me that the Navy spends all their money on ships, then asks for more money for their people. The Air Force spends all their money on their people, then asks for more money to buy planes. Guess who gets the extra money?

Not true, but it does seem that the Air Force takes better care of their people. When I was in Korea we had about a dozen AF stationed on a small Army (Infantry) base. The Air Force considered the Army chow hall to be 'below standards,' so we were given a kitchen and seperate rations allowances.

The Army had officers living two-to-a-room with no AC, while we had enlisted guys in single rooms with an AC unit hanging on every window.

Funny part of the story is that the poor Army guys would be in the field ourside of our barracks doing their Physical Training at 0500, and we would be yelling at them to keep it down so we could sleep. Then when the Camp had their 4th of July festivities, we beat them hands-down in almost all competitions (if I remember correctly the lone exception was the push-up contest). We beat them in all the running events, and in the tug-of-war.

The tug-of-war was really entertaining. The Army guys (who were generally a lot bigger than us) were all out in the field bare-foot. When we showed up in baseball cleats and large-lugged boots, they said, "Hey, you can't do that!" and we said, "Why not?" They couldn't produce a rule against it, so we got to use 'em. Then, just before the contest, we noticed one of OUR guys in THEIR huddle. He came back and reported, "OK, they are going to use the standard '1, 2, 3, pull.' Nothing wrong with a little reconnaissance . So we used a '1, 2, pull' and had 'em across the line before they realized what was happening.

That's an example of why I joined the Air Force...

Now, after slamming the Army in general, for the sake of poking fun, let me now add that we just happened to have three marathon runners and an amateur tae-kwon-do champ in our group at the time... so we had some guys that were in far better shape than your average, every-day Airhead. Otherwise we'd of gotten creamed. You could say that we had a Dream Team, out of pure luck.

Ask the Viet Nam veteran Marine "grunts" how the Navy took care of them during the Southeast Asian War Games . . .

. . . be prepared for some expletives.

The Kraken:
Thanx, DMP !!!
Those were so funny, so true, and mean so much because you know why.

1st Cav, Medevac/Assault pilot.

Clear left !? Clear right !? Comin HOT !!!!

You are welcome Kraken.
Tell ya when I was at the Flight Medical Aidman course at Rucker. We were doing hoist operations, I reached up and had to readjust my flight helmet, looked at my gloves and they were covered with hydrolic fluid (yuck). Crew chief said it's ok, it's when they don't leak you get scared LMAO. I miss those days of hanging out at the hangar with the MH 6(little bird) guys, playing with the miniguns.

The problem in the Navy is that it is almost completely up to the Captain.

Some are good, some are bad, most are somewhere in the middle.

I knew one captain who was a real hot runner. He would come on a ship that was in bad shape and in 6 months or so it would be one of the top ships in the fleet.
What did he do?
He set up teams to fix things.
First the airconditioning so the inside of the ship was comfortable.
Next was the scuttlebutts so they all delivered cold, clean water.
Heads were fixed so they all worked.
Somewhere about here, everything else fixed itself.
:eyebrow:

His attitude was, "Take care of the sailors and they will take care of the ship."
Unfortunately he was a rarity.

2Tours N Iraq`:
Sergeant: "There is a right way and then there is the Army way."
Lieutenant: "Isn't that the same thing as the wrong way?"
Sergeant: "Yes, but a whole lot faster!"

I don't mind, besides what other employer is going to let you play with all the neat toys that go BOOM? :eyebrow:

What is the difference between a Lieutenant and a Private?
Give up?
Answer: Nothing (not meant to be unprofessional).

pipedope:
His attitude was, "Take care of the sailors and they will take care of the ship. "Unfortunately he was a rarity.

I think that is the same for everything. My guys still call me from wherever they find themselves asking for my advice. I have always lived by, "Never forget where you come from". Have always taken care of my guys, on holidays single soldiers that did not go home came to my place for dinner.

I think that we should start a new thread, this one is being hijacked on comparrisons not "Humor". Just my .02.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom