Jim Stewart: Scripps Dive Pioneer 1927-2017

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Please Sam, ramble all you can.

Thanks for this piece of history, Sam. I wasn't aware of Jim's contributions until you posted this. I guess I was too isolated in that little cove (Toyon Bay) on Catalina without Internet to be aware of the big picture.

Thanks Sam. I never met Jimmy Stewart, but heard a lot about him in scientific and socal diving circles. The first time I heard his name was in the 1980s from the DSO at UCSB, Dennis Divins, a contemporary of many of the folks in the embryonic UC diving program and early diving in Socal. The contributions made by these pioneers are the foundation of the excellent diving programs at these institutions. I appreciate the programs they set up which have allowed me to do scientific diving for the last 30+ years, although nowadays that is limited to helping maintaining the habitats at the Sea Life Center.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom