Capillary Depth Gauge - anachronism or reference...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And how would my first question be answered - which of the two computers shows correctly?
9 meters or 12 meters - with a time of 120 minutes, it can become deadly.
And as the US Navy doctors say:
“ Anyone can get DCS that dives deeper than 30'/10M, regardless of what your dive computer says. ”
I propose to consider the capillary as a back-up or reference.

different computer have different algorithms you always might encounter a difference in the reading.

if you dive with s buddy and is computer show 12 and your show 9 what are you gonna do ?
Imagine a situation:
Your main computer and spare computer (or computer your's partner) show different depth readings. Which one is wrong?
How do you know if your depth gauge has started to deceive you?
But first, a little introduction.
a few words about myself.
Old diver - studied at the military school of divers of the engineering troops of the USSR and have 72 year age.
As our instructor said: "Divers are divided into old and brave"
Also:
I am Mr. Valeriy Kulaha - individual inventor from Ukraine and former military diver of Soviet Army. I have obtained a US patent for the new construction of a capillary depth gauge. Patent US # 11525658
Combined capillary depth gauge
Receipt date:12-13-2022
The technical solution allows solving the main problem of capillary depth gauges — the nonlinearity of the scale. The design of the depth gauge makes it possible to obtain an almost linear scale at depths of up to more 100 m, as in modern membrane depth gauges. Also this is only one type of absolute instruments and can use like reference for other type of moderne depth gauges.
The corps depth gauge consists of three or four plastic parts connected by gluing together and a strap for fastening on the arm. According to preliminary calculations allows you to sell it in the range of $15 to $30
In the far away 1989, a small cooperative under my leadership produced and sold a depth gauge in the territory of the former USSR at the price of two packets of expensive cigarettes.
The device was similar to the known capillary depth gauge, but the technology of casting parts from plastic and subsequent gluing was used.
View attachment 769549
New device can be next scale from many version
View attachment 769550
I want to ask the community - Could this be helpful?

two different computer are using two different algorithms. so anyway it will be never be exactly the same.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom