Marking your tanks???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the ideas. I'm thinking painted initials with a stencil just above the boot so it shows below the cam straps. That makes it easy to see and watch for any problems. Now how about smaller VIP stickers so I can be fashionable and color coordinated... :D

Any Logo sticker... Your college, work, club, or whatevver.... It works very well

It should stand out...:D

Could you ask the company that does the Hydro to stamp your Name and or SS# in the tank or would that destory the tank? I do not know but they stamp your tank ever time it is hydro.

Well, I got turned on to these stickers by Mark Weitz

I opted for the Large Initials on a couple tanks and the full spelled out name on another, just to try the full spectrum of offerings.

I have the address and URL at home. . . . .

(the Piranha sticker is a separate issue)

carldarl:
Now how about smaller VIP stickers so I can be fashionable and color coordinated... :D

Tell you're guy you want to look cool and he needs to make sure and put them on the valve-open side so they aren't visible when your sporting your gear U/W.

One year the guy haphazardly applied my Vip tanks to doubles in errant locations, what an embarrassing fashion year that was for me. :D

I think next year I'm going with these from airspeed press
Stickers.jpg

Last name and a number along the top. Tells me they are mine and lets me ID one if I need to. Just used a permanent marker with 2" letters.

As an asside I also keep a Word document on file with all of my gear model./serial/spec numbers. A printout of that file is in my log binder.

Also a LDS took a sharpie and highlighted the 3442 PSI rating just to make their future reference easier, I'll do that to the rest just to encourage proper fills.

Pete

I tried several things over the years but what works best is a Big Wide Sharpie. I have my name marked on the neck of my tanks. I have too touch it up maybe once a year. Easy and cheap.

Charles

I use white-out correction fluid. It "paints" on very thick and is completely water proof. If you have dark colored tanks it works especially well. I also circle the latest hydro date and X-out any old ones which are not relevant

ScubaKimmie:
Scuba hides are cool but I ran into one dive shop that said they had to remove them to do a visual. Maybe they know something I don't know but the next shop didn't mention removing them so they're either as dumb as me or know things the first shop doesn't know.

I just write my name on them these days and also of course record the serial numbers.

ScubaSkins website:
Under normal use, the skins stay on the tanks, in and out of the water, for about 8-12 months, or until the annual visual inspection is due.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom