Marking AI Transmitters?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thusly
IMG_1887.JPG

Perfect. Love the different ideas. My handwriting is horrific, so if a Sharpie is in the cards my wife would have to handle that part!

I bought a bunch of tiny zip-ties in assorted colors, then wrap a loop of zip tie on the AI transmitter in a certain color (say RED), then wrap a loop of that same color zip tie (RED) to the AI wrist unit....so that RED goes with RED. On reg set # 2, I'll do the same thing, but use a pair of (BLUE) zip ties, (different color for different reg set). If you have more reg sets than you have colors, you get creative and use, say, TWO zip ties, so that say, reg set # 7 is identified by a GREEN/BLUE combo), so that you're using a total of 4 zip ties to identify that reg sets transmitter/wrist unit pair.

The body of the transmitter seems to be slightly tapered. Are you putting the zip tie on the body or down near where it attaches to the 1 stage?

The body of the transmitter seems to be slightly tapered. Are you putting the zip tie on the body or down near where it attaches to the 1 stage?

I'm using Cochran Gemini AI computers, and different computers have differing opportunities for exactly where to place zip ties, but for your application I'd use zip ties where the AI transmitter joins the 1st-stage body.

I'm using Cochran Gemini AI computers, and different computers have differing opportunities for exactly where to place zip ties, but for your application I'd use zip ties where the AI transmitter joins the 1st-stage body.
Thx much.

Looks like some paint from Mako and Sharpies from Amazon (already have zip ties) and I can try it a couple different ways.

A little "real" nail polish remover aka acetone will take the silver sharpie off if you need a second chance at mastering your caligraphy.

It cleans right off with acetone

Back
Top Bottom