Looks like I,m having brain surgery....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Captain Hook, good luck with the surgery. Be positive and pay attention to your Doctors. However, make sure you understand what is going on and what you want. Doctors aren't all knowing, all seeing. Only you can manage your health.

Good luck Capt!

IIRC the pituitary gland is on the bottom of the brain, kind of out of the way compared to the bulk of your grey matter, that might be why its only minor, if the tumor isnt large, isnt invasive into other areas, isnt into the serious grey matter and can be easily reached. Of course no surgery is simple or easy, but some are more so than others. They will probably trim out what they know is the tumour and then test around the edges to check they caught it all - quick bunch of frozen sections to the path lab and if all is well and sow you back up. As for diving post op, i really wouldnt know, but i would assume it shouldnt be a problem once its healed.

You'll get through it!

Andy,

Sure I remember - Island Ventures with a group from the Board. Got blown out in the morning, but got a good breakfast!

lol... yeah

you missed seeing me barfing in the afternoon dives

Good luck with the surgery. I'm recovering from "minor" heart surgery that I had a few weeks ago. Minor because they did it through catheters and I don't have to recover from open heart surgery. However, it took 9 hours and I was awake and felt all of it!
I was nervous flying up to New Orleans and I was nervous the morning of the procedure but a calm came over me as soon as I was taken in to be prepped. I haven't been diving yet but I've been free-diving twice and have the sea lice to prove it.
I wish you a speedy recovery.

Aloha Capt,

I wish you all the best and that you will get back in the water soon...

and

:wave-smil :dazzler1: :cheers: :wave-smil
HAPPY BIRTHDAY

I hope you have a wonderful Birthday today

Good Luck Capt!

Surgery is never any fun! I will pray for your COMPLETE recovery.

BTW, that was a close call with Andy there. :D

curiosity/bad memory is getting the best of me here. for benign pituitary tumors dont they use the 'go in via the nose' trick and avoid the whole crack the skull like a mellon?

Thats what they're planning, go in through the nose and keep it as non-invasive as possible.

Thanks for the birthday wishes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom