So, where have I been?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, my case worker, most of my PTs, and most of my medical people have moved on. I recognized my main PT and one other person, but it was nice visiting with them and the folks I didn't know as well.
Life goes on, within you and without you... The Beatles.

I don't know that there's any point in going on about my continued challenges, but at my age and background - they're bound to continue. I still hope to service my regs, calibrate my CO tank tester, and get down to Cozumel in the early new year.

I continued to have left leg problems last winter even after being released from rehab and my local PA continued to treat me for Cellulitis on that foot. My overall health continued to degrade so she finally put me in the little town hospital for a few days for closer exams and a Doppler found a new clot in that leg. They discharged me just in time to make an Angiogram and Stent with my cardiologist the following day. Everything cleared up for a while in February.

My six-month cardiologist checkup came in June somehow, I guess based on a previous December checkup and I went in for a Doppler on the 24th. The doc said that the technician saw a blockage, but the doctor felt my leg pulse was fine so he said to wait and see if I developed any pains in that leg as I hadn't noticed any. That changed in July...

I felt pain when I did anything similar to strenuous activity like trying to keep up with my self-propelled lawn mower even at its slowest speed, and the Celulitus returned. I called last week to request another Doppler or an Angiogram, leaving a recording, and the scheduling nurse called the next day to put me down for 06:30 yesterday. I left at 04:30 to drive to my daughter's house in Lubbock (earlier than needed but I always shoot for staying ahead of any schedule) where I usually park and request an Uber. She and the grandkids they're raising didn't have school to prepare for and our 06:15 departure for the lab was before her hubby had to leave for work so she was sweet enough to take me this time. The prep girls and I chatted while they shaved me in areas and one mentioned that I looked healthier than last winter. Then I went on to enjoy my procedure nap.

I woke up around 10 and they called my daughter as Uber is not allowed after a procedure when they hope that a family member will be with me all day. She had a new teachers meeting but had scheduled my grandson to pick me up. The nurse who walked me to the parking lot asked for his name, then mentioned that she once knew a Trapper in a local high school, the same one he graduated from. I introduced them, but it's been too long so neither recognized the other.

We had an 11 o'clock lunch, then he dropped me off at my daughter's house to sleep off the anesthesia. I enjoyed that nap too, and then stayed for supper with them, including the two grandkids. I'm not supposed to drive for 24 hours to let the sleepy drugs metabolize but I am always stone sober by supper so I headed home with a stop at my favorite Dollar store and next-door grocery.

I am not allowed any strenuous exercise until Saturday, but it is so nice not having the usual Cellulitus pain or foot sole numbness that's been happening every night lately. My sleep schedule is ruined and I didn't get any last night, but I'll work that out. I have weeds to spray at Sunup.

Repeated stint work more than once a year is probably not a good sign, but I'm optimistic for a few more good years. My medical expenses have been horrendous, but I am grateful for Medicare and my AARP Supplement which pays for almost everything.

I don't know that there's any point in going on about my continued challenges
As long as it's cathartic for you, PLEASE KEEP US POSTED. I've got a few reasons on top of that, but mostly it's because you're a friend and we freakin' care about our friends. We want to know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom