LeisurePro... Any other happy customers out there? (Like me!)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doc

Was RoatanMan
Rest in Peace
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Chicago & O'Hare heading thru TSA 5x per year
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Even after reading the sporadic complaints here on SB, I still had no hesitation to try an order on-line:admingreet:with LeisuerPro.

It seemed that most of what I had read that was negative always contained a bit of "If, But, Maybe".:rtfm:I also know that for every un-happy customer who complains publicly, there are 2,999 happy:Dbuyers.

So, big risk taker that I am, I ordered up $200 worth of little parts. Miflex hose upgrades for Herself, a pony tank gauge and reduction adapter- (It's for the Miflex HP, She's a minimalist), a 60" LP Miflex for her primary, and a mongo OMS lift bag that looks like a 9' Safety Sausage (size matters to her, at least in the SMB dept.)

Ordered on line Tuesday night.:superman:Arrived here in Illinois on Friday.

I liked the way that the shipping amount was continuously updated as I piled stuff in the shopping cart, and not by that much with each item, either!

BTW- Miflex packages their hoses in snappy little "dry bags" for re-use for other stuff!

LeisurePro- just thought you'd like to hear from one more of the "other" of the 2,999 happy:humble:customers out of that 3,000.

I've been purchasing from LP for a long time now. All good experiences. Once I purchased an Aqualung Mythos mask, and it was used as a tank rest. Needless to say, the mask did not fare so well. I sent it back to LP over 3 months from the date of purchase, and they replaced it no questions asked. Try THAT at your LDS! Ain't gonna happen!

I use Scuba Toys, LP, DSS, and many other mailorder places all with very good results.

Ironically the DM's on the boat were telling us the horror stories about using LP. Used equipment, no warranty, bait and switch tactics, etc. Ironically Tom and I have both used LP a LOT with no issues as were described to us by the biased DM. We just sat there and allowed our necks to resemble springs not saying a word of disagreement.

I credit LP as one of the pioneers of changing the Retail Scuba Sales model. They are the same bunch that changed the retail photo market as well.

...I've always had good luck with LP.....and I do a pretty good amount of shopping at Scubatoys too.....ST has free shipping, plus it's only about a 30-40 min drive for me......and for the brands I like that they don't carry (Halcyon/Deepoutdoors) I've got a few LDS's for that stuff.

I've done it before, I have a order pending that I placed last night and I'll probably do it plenty of times in the future.
I also have a order pending with divesports. I've done business with them before and been completely satisfied.
I've also spend 3-4 times as much in local dive shops in the last 3 months.

I'm very pleased with how the business model has changed. I'm very clear with local shops that I want nothing to do with brands from manufacturers they can't or will not discount.

I get a chuckle out every time I'm told certain brands are worth the extra money. Then I'll note something like... How come in independant tests my Oceanic Delta 4 FDX10 tested better on the machines? or Why did NOAA just adopt Delta 4 FDX10 as their cold water regulator? That is usually enough to halt the hard sell on the Eliteist brands that aren't discounted.

If one of the shops I frequent carrys a product I want they get first crack at the sale. More often than not one of the locals ends up with my business.
I'm often using the online retailers for items not stocked locally.

My area also has Sport Chalet. (a big box sporting goods retailer that carrys SCUBA gear) If find it amazing how the Local retalers here can survive the pressures of online, big box and regular local competition. Maybe the retail dive shops from other areas should stop whinning and use the Phoenix area as a model.

If the closest LDS is almost 100 miles, some of us almost have to rely on the Internet and Internet-based sellers for their equipment. I have always had great dealings with them.

LP is like White Castle or Krystal. Everyone goes there once in a while but pretends they don't.

I have probably made over a dozen LP purchases in the last 5 years and no complaints.

I have made my share of returns for size and such with no hassles whatsoever.

I had a pressure gauge fail outside of warranty and they stood behind it.

They are competitive, super convenient, well stocked and quick to ship.

I try to give the LDS a shot at most items but when they are not reasonable or stocking what I need LP has been serving me well.

Pete

I have made many purchases with LP and received excellent, quick service and delivery. When something did not fit or had a problem, a simple email to them generated a quick and helpful phone contact with an attentive and informed sales rep. Things got swapped quickle or refunded. I never hesitate to use LP though I shop as appropriate at my LDS as well.

As long as you don't want manufacturers warranty, you're golden. I've ordered many items from LP and have been extremely satisfied with the service. Personally, I would hestate to by my regs or computer from LP, I may be a holdover from the old days. Of course, I have all Scubapro gear and have no authorized online option. To each their own.

Good diving, Craig

As long as you don't want manufacturers warranty, you're golden. I've ordered many items from LP and have been extremely satisfied with the service. Personally, I would hestate to by my regs or computer from LP, I may be a holdover from the old days. Of course, I have all Scubapro gear and have no authorized online option. To each their own.

Good diving, Craig

While you do have to be diligent about asking who is warrantying gear purchased from LP they are becoming authorized by more manufacturers as time goes on.
On items not under manufacturers warranty they warranty the items themselves for the same duration.

As for your ScubaPro gear:
That is the reason I wouldn't even look at ScubaPro. I've found that other manufacturers that do allow internet sales under warranty offer quality and feature competative items with prices that are not kept artifically high by manufacturer's pricing policies. I support these manufacturers and the free market system. I expect it to get harder for the shops carrying these anti-competative brands to compete so they will either switch brands or fold. Eventually that leaves the manufacturer with the choice to change policies, direct market or fold. Lets see who likes the internet down the road.:D

Back
Top Bottom