It's enough to make you cry...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And this our fault, and it's just the beginning...One of my professors in college ( a climatologist) stated once that if the sea water was to increase by just 3F, we'd be in serious trouble (Ocean levels rise, more flooding, mass extinctions of delicate marine life, etc....). This year in NH/ME it was 10F above normal. What do we do?

Manta Aria:
And this our fault, and it's just the beginning...One of my professors in college ( a climatologist) stated once that if the sea water was to increase by just 3F, we'd be in serious trouble (Ocean levels rise, more flooding, mass extinctions of delicate marine life, etc....). This year in NH/ME it was 10F above normal. What do we do?

What did the coral do 130,000 yrs ago during the last big warming trend prior to the last ice age??? Isn't it a fact that a vast majority of the ice sheets in Anartica and Greenland almost completely melted prior to the last ice age+? Yet the coral survived those warming periods. Perhaps it will migrate north annd south as the cooler waters warm to a temp more habitable. I'm pretty sure the coral will find a way to survive ...it has for the last billion of so years ..eh?

Skull:
What did the coral do 130,000 yrs ago during the last big warming trend prior to the last ice age??? Isn't it a fact that a vast majority of the ice sheets in Anartica and Greenland almost completely melted prior to the last ice age+? Yet the coral survived those warming periods. Perhaps it will migrate north annd south as the cooler waters warm to a temp more habitable. I'm pretty sure the coral will find a way to survive ...it has for the last billion of so years ..eh?

Might be a problem for the rest of us, though....:11doh:

No. It's back to amoebas for us.

So have they finally assembled enough proof for global warming???

SO far the bleaching seems to be affecting a narrow belt in the Caribbean. In Nassau, Bahamas, the coral was badly damaged, but in Freeport, Bahamas a couple hundred miles to the North, the coral was nice and healthy. In Cozumel, to the South, the coral seems to also be very healthy. Hopefully this band of warm water won't keep expanding.

Supernal:
Might be a problem for the rest of us, though....:11doh:

Why? you could stop paying the airlines to travel to the tropics and thus help reduce CO2 emissions possibly slowing the global warming .... just a thought!!!

Hey supernal did you just beat me to that place in the thread by seconds?

I see you're into Campbell. Would you consider insta-buddies threshold guardians?

No wait don't answer that. That's would be hijacking. Let me just say something about corals. They're really nice. It pierces me they're dying. There.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom