Inexpensive ZHL-16C+GF computers in 2022

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How readable is the screen?
Pretty readable. There's also a video on here somewhere of it next to a Teric. Obviously the Teric looks better aesthetically, but it's just as bright and readable... probably even brighter I would think.

Pretty readable. There's also a video on here somewhere of it next to a Teric. Obviously the Teric looks better aesthetically, but it's just as bright and readable... probably even brighter I would think.

hey look!!! TTS! :bounce:

1644016492364.png

Does it Bluetooth to same logging software as shearwater? Appreciate it, timely thread!

Does it Bluetooth to same logging software as shearwater? Appreciate it, timely thread!
Subsurface? Not yet (it might be close, but maybe not)... Others? IDK...

Not sure what your question is. The Excusion BTs to its own app, DiveStory; I do not know what the soon-to-be-upgraded Excursion will talk to. The Shearwater BTs to its own app. Each computer can also talk to various 3rd party apps. The current Excusion does not talk to Subsurface.

Only time I’ve lost night vision from someone else’s computer 🤣
It was so you'd be blind and not notice the atrocious level of viz at the bottom of the honey pot🤣
Shearwater has it's own proprietary software as does the Excursion via app called Divestory.​

Not sure what your question is. The Excusion BTs to its own app, DiveStory; I do not know what the soon-to-be-upgraded Excursion will talk to. The Shearwater BTs to its own app. Each computer can also talk to various 3rd party apps. The current Excusion does not talk to Subsurface.
Thank you, was curious if there was a central place to log all dives if I used a Teric on one, but used the excursion on another. Not a big deal though

Thank you, was curious if there was a central place to log all dives if I used a Teric on one, but used the excursion on another. Not a big deal though
I use an iOS app called Dive Log ‎Dive Log for logging Petrel and Perdix dives. I guess it supports the Teric too. It claims to support the Deep 6 computer.

I’d not use that Deep 6 computer personally. First because of the insane “how long past NDL” weirdness, second because of the dealings with subsurface and also because for very little more you can get a Peregrine with a really nice screen and software with a history of being sensible.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom