Inexpensive ZHL-16C+GF computers in 2022

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@d^2b , where in Canada are you?
I’m in GTA just north of Toronto. You can stop by and see the Excursion in person. See if it’s what you are looking for.
I think it’s great as is for recreation diving. I don’t care right now about how it handles Going past NDL because I just don’t do it as a rec diver. I am careful when diving.
I do not dive often, but it’s a competent computer.
I use Mac Dive now because it still works with my old iMac and I like the cloud solution
Al

@d^2b , where in Canada are you?
I’m in GTA just north of Toronto. You can stop by and see the Excursion in person. See if it’s what you are looking for.
I think it’s great as is for recreation diving. I don’t care right now about how it handles Going past NDL because I just don’t do it as a rec diver. I am careful when diving.
I do not dive often, but it’s a competent computer.
I use Mac Dive now because it still works with my old iMac and I like the cloud solution
Al
Thanks but I'm in New Brunswick. It's a bit far (~14h each way for those unfamiliar with Canadian geography).

Thanks but I'm in New Brunswick. It's a bit far (~14h each way for those unfamiliar with Canadian geography).

I'm in Maine, so relatively close... other than that pesky border.

get her (or you) this one:

The Deep6 is in libdivecomputer, but it got added shortly after the last import to subsurface so it should be available in the next update to the library. Will have to see when @dirkhh has the next one scheduled
A good friend taught me that it is childish to keep grudges.
Subsurface 5.0.8 is out and supports the Crest CR-4 and (cough) clones.

I wish I could like this more than a few times!!!!!!!!!

curious about the clones comment, is someone making a copy of the CR-4 or are you talking about stencils where Crest is making them for other manufacturers who have customizations done?

i.e. HOG D1 is an Apeks DST clone since it is made by another company but the Zeagle was actually made by Apeks with Zeagle's name on it as a stencil

Since this thread was started, the Garmin Descent G1 has come out. $550 is not exactly cheap, but you get a lot of topside features for your $200 over the cost of an Excursion. If you were thinking about getting a sports-focused smartwatch anyway, then it's certainly a good deal.

curious about the clones comment

He's referencing the inclusion of the Excursion into Subsurface:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom