Inaugural Rocky Mountain Oyster gathering

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’ve posted the June 18 RMO / Aurora gathering on the calendar and notice that it allows you to state your intent to attend. That seems more practical than posting here. Or we could do both.

I've been away for a while (Thailand, Florida--it was tough). I am glad to see how this club has taken off.

I just checked, and I see that I am scheduled for a confined water training from 9-1 (never gets done on time) in Boulder that date. Bummer.

On the other hand, these do get canceled from time to time--actually, all too often.

As long as some disaster doesn't crop up, I'll be there.

Roger

YUCK, Who ordered up this snow.....
I just got back into town last night from Florida. Talk about a system shock.

I should be able to be there on the 18th.
asta, I have to go find some fire wood under a bank of snow......
Greg

Capnsnott:
YUCK, Who ordered up this snow.....
I just got back into town last night from Florida. Talk about a system shock.

I should be able to be there on the 18th.
asta, I have to go find some fire wood under a bank of snow......
Greg

You got to spend some time in FL. Where did you dive?

As for the snow, I'm up on Conifer, we are approaching a foot already... sigh...

After 10 years in the Mountains, we have decided to move to FL!! Seriously.. It will take a while to get it together, but we are tired of the 2 month summer up here.

I will also try and make it on the 18th. We *MAY* be in FL, but now it's looking more like July as my overachiever workaholic cousin now says that June is not so good for her (marine biologist in FL).

Cheers, and enjoy the white!

Thread hijack on.....

I went to Sarasota. You guys ought to look in Sarasota county for houses. The city is expensive, but the outlying townes aren't too bad.

My parents have a house down there and head out the end of Jan and come home in May. We go down for a week each year. I mostly dive the Gulf on artificial reefs. We hit a barge and train cars on one dive, the next was on a Sherman tank. This time down it was too rough to do much. I got in three dives total this trip.

We dove the Spiegel Grove, I fed the fish afterwords and didn't get to do the second reef dive. There wasn't any current, but the waves were 5'-6' with some 8'-10' ones. We were on a 50' boat, so it handled the bigger waves ok. I have a nasty bang on my knee, it was hard getting back into the boat..... Vis was 75'+ w/ no current on the ship either. Awesome dive if the waves hadn't beaten us up. I hit my dad four times pretty hard while we were just trying to get down the bouy line.

Hijack off.......

talk to you later,
Greg

Back
Top Bottom