Inaugural Rocky Mountain Oyster gathering

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Crap. I was hoping for June 18th myself. :)

I'm planning on a trip to the Hole the weekend of May 13th. I'll be in Yellowstone for the weekend of July 9th, as well as several days to either side. I'm going to be in Roatan from July 30th to August 6th.

Other than that, with luck, I'm free and willing. Is June really out? Any chance the water will warm into the 50's by then? Think HOT.

Would be nice if we did this as a once a month thing over the summer months.

Mike, you can't feel too left out. You got in on the DIRF. I didn't get to due to scheduling conflicts. You have no idea how jealous I am going to be of you guys having "fun" this weekend.

I am super pumped about the class, as I was explaining to an acquantiance the other day; when I was a super-newbie diver I saw the DIR book and said "DIR, hmm, why would anyone not want to be DIR? Why would they want to be Doing It Wrong." Now that I know what all this entails I can understand the other side, but for the diving I want to eventually do, I want to be DIR.

Also, The reason I can't make it in June....we have a family gathering...that should allow me to get a day of wreck diving in Lake Michigan in.

I vote for all those days. The weekend of July 4th is the only weekend I will be gone. And I am jealous that you all are doing so many interesting things this summer.

I guess it should be no real surprise that we can’t give everybody veto power. Darn!
So I’ll play petty dictator.

I’ll be at Aurora early on June 18th, with placard in hand. Please join me.

If there are other get-togethers before and/or after, all the better. I like Wijbrandus’ idea about meeting monthly.
Since iowasnowboarder can’t be there on the 18th, I suggest he sometime choose another date/time/location and announce another get-together (or at least get two votes, or something).

Some info on Aurora here:
http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?p=928651#post928651

Those who plan to be at Aurora on June 18, please speak up, so I’ll have a quorum to get a placard.

Thanks,
Knotical

Wijbrandus:
Crap. I was hoping for June 18th myself. :)
Is June really out? Any chance the water will warm into the 50's by then? Think HOT.
Should be around 60 or more.

I'm up for June 18th, as well as any other dates that I'm available.

Looking forward to meeting all of you.

The 18th looks good for me, I'll even bring an extra backplate and an STA if anyone wants to test drive the setup.

Roak

Back
Top Bottom