Inaugural Rocky Mountain Oyster gathering

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just got word that I have to work Saturday morning, so I will not provide the promised placard. Sorry.

I look forward to hearing good things about the gathering, and hope you find the missing plane.

I wrote earlier that I am schedule to do CW all weekend, and that has not changed. I do hope another occasion can be scheduled.

Nope, I won't be there. Time to setup a September date when the res temps peak.

Roak

The 1st Inaugural Rocky Mtn. Oyster gathering at Aurora Reservoir was a great success! Those present included Robert, Lori, Diver Dan, Ron, Greg, Curt & Dimitri. (Apologize for any mis-spellings.) Also present were 25-30 students from various LDS, a couple extra dive platforms, at least one fish, many crawdads, lots of hot dogs and steak, plenty of condiments and extras, some Gatorade that could have dissolved the barnacles off a barge and an erstwhile plane. Everyone agreed that one dive was enough, but Diver Dan and Ron went back for silty seconds anyway. We had the complete gamut of divers; tech, beginner, rookie and novice. All the dive teams found the plane. I was amazed at the amount of silt on the plane. It looked like the picture of the Jap Zero in Palau. All-in-all it was a great day.
Chhers,
Chotzi

Actually, Dan got in three dives. He and I went down after I shot the marker on the plane. His buddy had to go to shore for a bit.

Here's my blabberings......
Vis was at least 15' if you got away from the platforms. Temp was 60* at 35'.
When I first found the plane, there were about 20 perch and quite a few trout hanging out on it. The "BIG" female crawfish had tails packed with eggs, so they were moving rather slow. Dan and I checked one out for a bit, she did nothing fast. It was rather odd to see them that way. Long story short, I actually got to see something alive for once (than other divers).

The LDS people pretty much kept to themselves, so overall it was pretty quiet.

Next stop, Jefferson Res.....

asta
Greg

Capnsnott found a 'box' in the plane with artifacts inside. I am not going to say what is in there but next time I go I think I will add something to the collection.

Dan

Dan,
That was pretty funny to find. The first thing I thought of was a Geocashing type of thing. Then I was wondering if it was put there by an instructor that day as part of a nav course or something. If it's there the next time someone goes out, they ought to stick something in it.....

Greg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom