Hose horns. tough as nails or fragile?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@rhwestfall and @Nemrod , dang, I knew you guys were going to say that about the snap rings, but I was hoping the star retainer might work. I'll get the new filter/ring from scuba museum. I need other parts as well. Band clamp, mouthpiece valves, duckbill, service kit, etc.

If TSM has the duckbill eliminators in stock instead then do yourself a favor and forget duckbills.

Rob's improved duckbill is a good product. I saw some form of a dbe being discussed at White Star, but it seemed Rob wasn't really motivated. I'd like to see the dbe back in some manner.

Looks like I'd better decide what I want pretty quick. He's low on the new duck bills and only one eliminator. The dbe's were from VDH, correct? So that's all there is.

Looks like I'd better decide what I want pretty quick. He's low on the new duck bills and only one eliminator. The dbe's were from VDH, correct? So that's all there is.
With only 1 left, I paused from buying it out from under you... you had better act...

I will say Rob's improved duckbill is also good (just not as good as the DBE)...

get your stuff, and get that DH working!

@rhwestfall , go for it. I'm just going to do a duckbill since this is all new to me. One of you guys will appreciate the dbe more than I will (for now :wink:). That's kind of why I mentioned there was only the one.

@rhwestfall , go for it. I'm just going to do a duckbill since this is all new to me. One of you guys will appreciate the dbe more than I will (for now :wink:). That's kind of why I mentioned there was only the one.
Get the DBE. Much superior. Replaceable diaphragm and lasts forever.

My new parts came yesterday. I'm having trouble getting the band clamp on the cans though. The notch in the clamp doesn't seem to allow enough clearance with the horn. I was about to go for the dremel when I figured I better ask if I'm missing something, or there's a trick to the installation.
ring clamp.jpg

My new parts came yesterday. I'm having trouble getting the band clamp on the cans though. The notch in the clamp doesn't seem to allow enough clearance with the horn. I was about to go for the dremel when I figured I better ask if I'm missing something, or there's a trick to the installation.
View attachment 814695
You may have it upside down. Maybe flip it over and try the other horn.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom