Hose horns. tough as nails or fragile?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@captain , I though the horns in some of the pictures I've seen looked more rectangular than mine. Based on the serial number I think mine was made in 67 or 68 though.

Edit: Apparently I posted this at the same time you were posting the previous pic. Now I understand which horns came first.

Dooodes!

Screenshot (1007).png
Screenshot (1008).png
Screenshot (1009).png
Screenshot (1010).png

YIKES !!, Phosphoric??

I needed a project for this winter so I bought a DAAM on ebay. As I'm watching disassembly videos it looks like the tech is using the horns as leverage. I've been treating them like china. I know it may not be possible to quantify but any insight????
The horns should not be used for leverage. Use, or build, a tool such as is shown in the March 1970 U.S. Navy Diving Manual for that purpose. It is not hard to make, and you can use the drawing below to do so.

But I have to ask, why are your removing the "big nut"? It doesn't have to be removed unless it is leaking through that area.

SeaRat

Attachments

• Aquamaster & tools001.jpg
    Aquamaster & tools001.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 33
But I have to ask, why are your removing the "big nut"? It doesn't have to be removed unless it is leaking through that area.

SeaRat
Because I HAD to. It's in my nature. :wink: Anyway, it should be good for another 55 years now.

boat

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

55 years at least, doesn't mean we cant pullem apart before then, especially having bought the tool

Magnificent!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom