Hey!! What happened to HUE!?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not to worry, I will visit Texas somewhere in the future and I will want to get a few dives in then (as well as a Cowboys home game).

Sorry, still diving my trusty Cressi wetsuit.

You fellows are always WELCOME to the Lone Star state!

I guess I missed the fun also. Since the City of Paris filled in all the tunnels and Timeliner got a pony we just haven't had too many furriners in the Swamp.

Guess that's what I get for wasting my time working rather than reading SB. :)

The guy came in and made a post with an obviously condescending attitude. He then threw an insult at divers who train in conditions that are probably a lot more challenging than he learned in (i.e. the no cavern divers who trained in Lake Travis comment.) He got what he deserved. Maybe if he'd phrased his post a little less obnoxiously he would have gotten a better response.

Kind of ticks me off that he got called out on it and then went whining to the mods to cover his mistake.

I loved it last night. I laughed so hard and had so much FUN on Scubaboard I could not believe it.

He opened himself up with the cryptic (and you know who you are) comment. That really got me going. Especially when he did not respond the short time he posted it.

I had to make stuff up, since we could not get him to respond.

The made up stuff, completely off base was hilarious.

It was harmless FUN waiting to have him give us some more detailed less cryptic info.

Thanks to all who piped up last night. I can't begin to tell you how big the smile is on my face.

I personally am glad to have an open forum of clean FUN on Scubaboard. The wit of the people on the board was really well done.

Or (some?) people in Texas just aren't nearly as funny as they think they are.

Guy was obviously just looking to hook up with some fellow divers with similar training / dive philosophy. Is it really that hard to have given a helpful recommendation?

I disagree.

Then an expectation of a less condincending post would be appropriate in the swamp, and he could have spoke up to clear up anything with our little on line group last night.
The way he worded his post is exactly the starting point to the response he got.

You must read his original post, to really understand that your statement in my opinion is completely inaccurate for those of us who dive together in the swamp.

At anytime, he was free to clear up GUE, Fund-F+ certifications. I was interested. Since he was silent, I had to improvise, and do some research on the web. Improvisation with a sense of humor runs wild. This led me to HUE and DIR and then thanks to some swampers responses I got it, without his help on his own post.

Just my personal opinions and not neccessarily seen that way by anyone else.

I disagree.

Then an expectation of a less condincending post would be appropriate in the swamp, and he could have spoke up to clear up anything with our little on line group last night.
The way he worded his post is exactly the starting point to the response he got.

You must read his original post, to really understand that your statement in my opinion is completely inaccurate for those of us who dive together in the swamp.

At anytime, he was free to clear up GUE, Fund-F+ certifications. I was interested. Since he was silent, I had to improvise, and do some research on the web. Improvisation with a sense of humor runs wild. This led me to HUE and DIR and then thanks to some swampers responses I got it, without his help on his own post.

Just my personal opinions and not neccessarily seen that way by anyone else.

I think YOU need a spanking! Let me get my belt!

I think YOU need a spanking! Let me get my belt!

Now that's funny.

By the way the spoof to the thread if you didn't get is "Looking for F.U.N. or equivalent trained diver" thread in the swamp.

Glad the swampers have a sense of humor.

Not to worry, I will visit Texas somewhere in the future and I will want to get a few dives in then (as well as a Cowboys home game).

Sorry, still diving my trusty Cressi wetsuit.

Sorry but I think you guy's will call me a stroke.:D
So no DUI,no BP/W,no longhose doubles only on solo.:14:

Ha! You two are welcome anytime! Any of the Swampers would love to show ya'll around if you're ever down this way! Contrary to what JeffG, HUE, and Ranier might think of we really are a darn friendly bunch. Yes, we can dish out a little ribbin', but we can take it too...and we might seem a little rough around the edges at times, but it's all in good fun. :wink:

It's TEXAS!

Yep...it can't be denied. LOL!

This thing kinda seems to be winding down...I'm a little sad about that. I was really havin' some fun with it. :wink:

Well, maybe one of those high falutin' DIR/GUE boys will come to the Swamp and step in it again soon...and it's not the swamp water I'm talking about bein' stepped in. :D

Back
Top Bottom