Hey!! What happened to HUE!?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Didn't see the thread..bummer. I assume it went something like:

I am going to be in the Austin/Killeen area this summer. I am looking for a dive buddy with similar training and equipment as mine.

Requirements are as follows:

Must use a snorkel and have a backup for redundancy.

Primary snorkel must be green. Secondary must be pink.

Must dive a jacket BC with a yellow harness underneath.

You must have a alternate attached to your BC in the "triangle", you must have a secondary alternate bungeed on neck. I will allow you to donate your primary but in this situation you must also have a AIR 3 or similar integrated octo. All 3 octo's must be yellow in color.

As there is much (ok not to much) debate on the benefits of "spare-air" you must have a spare-air as well as a 17 cu ft. pony bottle.

You should have two sets of fins. Using a split fin on the right foot and blade on the left. Upon reaching the turn point the fins must be switched to allow you to reach you start point.

You will alternate kick styles every fifth kick cycle. In this order, flutter kick, frog kick, back kick (two cycles only), scissor kick and then repeat.

You must use a steel 72 with a J valve. Tank should be black in color. If tank is not black then a tank net or scubahide that makes tank look black is acceptable.

Maximum depth will be 38.5 feet and we will surface with 1359 psi.

These requirements are mandatory, please PM for additional suggested gear.

...sigh...

Some people have no sense of humor.:14:

Or (some?) people in Texas just aren't nearly as funny as they think they are.

Guy was obviously just looking to hook up with some fellow divers with similar training / dive philosophy. Is it really that hard to have given a helpful recommendation?

No...not at all, we just happen to have a sense of humor as opposed to some of our gooey buddies....oops, what am I talking about? I mean our gooey friends...they'd never be our buddies and dive with a bunch of us strokes. They might die!!!! :D

Guy was obviously just looking to hook up with some fellow divers with similar training / dive philosophy. Is it really that hard to have given a helpful recommendation?

The guy came in and made a post with an obviously condescending attitude. He then threw an insult at divers who train in conditions that are probably a lot more challenging than he learned in (i.e. the no cavern divers who trained in Lake Travis comment.) He got what he deserved. Maybe if he'd phrased his post a little less obnoxiously he would have gotten a better response.

Kind of ticks me off that he got called out on it and then went whining to the mods to cover his mistake.

No...not at all, we just happen to have a sense of humor as opposed to some of our gooey buddies....oops, what am I talking about? I mean our gooey friends...they'd never be our buddies and dive with a bunch of us strokes. They might die!!!! :D

Gee with an attitude like that, I wonder why they wouldn't want to dive with you.

:pray: "Oh Lord, please send us some more GUE, Fundies, Doin' It Righter divers to the Swamp tomorrow. We have all had a most entertaining day."

:pray: "Oh Lord, please send us some more GUE, Fundies, Doin' It Righter divers to the Swamp tomorrow. We have all had a most entertaining day."

I think you guys need to take Jeff down into the pecan groves and show him around. :eyebrow:

:rofl3:

Gee with an attitude like that, I wonder why they wouldn't want to dive with you.

Ahhh, Jeff, Regular of the Pub, lay off the LaBatts a little and you'd understand that I, dare I say we, have no desire to dive with you. You GUE boys are too sticky. Besides, I don't have the required matching snorkel. :wink:

:pityparty:.. Well I could honestly care less if you think we are funny or not. Whats the saying "if you take life to serious you will never make it out alive."

Back
Top Bottom