Here she comes....Vandenberg!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No I did not I was in the engine room looking at the charges and removing line in -0 vis. If I get back in to work on the dishs I can do it then

This is interesting... according to Barneys post on The Deco Stop

Yes, the dishes broke from their pedestals, but were cabled down at the last minute as a requirement from the FKNMS so as not to fall off the ship (actually, due to this and some other goofs, the project almost got shut down last Friday). It sounds like the dishes will be chained down in the short-term, and likely removed in the long-term.

Here are some interesting shots.... of the Dishes

in Pic 1, you can clearly see the force of the water hitting and going through both dishes.

sinking.jpg

In Pic 2, you can see one of the dishes inverted floating on the surface for a few moments before it sunk. It's pretty clear that it broke free of it's chains/cables.

dish-on-surface.jpg

This is interesting... according to Barneys post on The Deco Stop

Here are some interesting shots.... of the Dishes

in Pic 1, you can clearly see the force of the water hitting and going through both dishes.

sinking.jpg

In Pic 2, you can see one of the dishes inverted floating on the surface for a few moments before it sunk. It's pretty clear that it broke free of it's chains/cables.

dish-on-surface.jpg

Well... then just toss them over the side and give the "tech" guys something to go see at max depth! (and those of us that'll sneak down there anyway)

BWD, those depths would be a cool thing if you can pull it off...

Mike...yeah..I'm bummed that the props were left off...but that only makes another "swim through"!

Low 80s. I wore a 2mil vest and never felt chilled

trtl,

Did you make note of key depths while on the dive by any chance?

Thanks.

Main Deck on port side is between 84 & 86 feet. Kingposts are about 48 to 50 feet. As a side note for everyone, this wreck has great potential for all levels of diving experience. Please stay within your level of training! If you want to see other areas of this wreck I encourage you to get the proper traing first. Before you start to exceed your limits, think of the husbands, wives, mothers & fathers that will be put in harms way to either save you or recover you!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom