Here she comes....Vandenberg!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been googling and opening Key West web cam's trying to find a shot of the Vandenberg on a KW webcam with no positive luck....

however...

According to keywest.com/vandenberg.html --> Key West diving, Scuba diving in the Keys, coral reefs and wrecks in Key West

you can view the Vandenberg on a Web Cam linked from their site.

I can't get it to work, but they might be blocking it at work. So I' thought I'd post it here for others to see perhaps.

let me know if it works.... (if it doesn't... sorry, I tried).

click here for Webcam La Concha Cam

Note: I'm guessing this isn't a "live shot" but a Windows Media player video of a shot as it passed a cam this morning... because I can get La Concha Cam to work on another site and don't see the Vandenberg.

Mike,

Thanks for the "Key West diving, Scuba diving in the Keys, coral reefs and wrecks in Key West" link.
I'm watching the live feed from Austin, TX.
Looks like a nice day in the Keys.
Several pleasure craft cruising by; you can make our the most forward antenna array in the live feed

Man...this would have been a good day to be hanging out at Ft. Zach with a cooler of cold Key West Sunset Ale!!!!!!!

Man...this would have been a good day to be hanging out at Ft. Zach with a cooler of cold Key West Sunset Ale!!!!!!!

the next time we go to Key west on a cruise, I think I'm going to try Ft Zach.

(I'm thinking you were the one that suggested it to me last year but not sure).

EDIT: did anyone get the video working that showed the Vandenberg?

The webcam is working for me.

Man I wish I could be there when that sucker goes to the bottom!

the next time we go to Key west on a cruise, I think I'm going to try Ft Zach.

(I'm thinking you were the one that suggested it to me last year but not sure).

EDIT: did anyone get the video working that showed the Vandenberg?

It probably was, we love the place! In fact my wife is salivating now thinking that since I'm going to want to do a few dives on this, she gets to spend more time there!:wink:

It IS close to where the cruise ships leave off, and you can hear the boat "recall" when it's time to go (you also get some nice views of the ships leaving)

I wasn't able to try the video's at work, but now that I'm home, I'm going to give it a shot...

If I am not mistaken, that article is from 2008. :)

Exactly a year ago today in fact. That's a little spooky.

Oops, I received a call from a friend in the keys last night saying he heard it was delayed again, did a search and came across that. The date is what sold me on it, possibly should have looked at the year too.:doh2:

Note to self, no more googling before the coffee kicks in. My bad.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom