Heads up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Weather was nice today, should be back to diving tomorrow morning I would think. Winds light, seas going down rapidly, minimal damage to area that I can see, very little and minor really.

Weather was nice today, should be back to diving tomorrow morning I would think. Winds light, seas going down rapidly, minimal damage to area that I can see, very little and minor really.
The webcam at the Presidente is not working at the moment but it was late last night and the sea looked calm. I did find one live cam that mostly showed a couple of cruise ships, but the sea looked pretty flat and I saw a couple of small boats passing by. Are things back to normal today?

"Officials have not disclosed why the man was out to sea while small craft advisories and hurricane warnings had already been issued in the area as Hurricane Helene was expected to make landfall." I wondered what kind of fool would be out sailing with a Cat-4 closing in.

"Officials have not disclosed why the man was out to sea while small craft advisories and hurricane warnings had already been issued in the area as Hurricane Helene was expected to make landfall." I wondered what kind of fool would be out sailing with a Cat-4 closing in.
Some people have more guts than brains.

I think they're still taking bets on the possibilities of North Carolina Lake Lure Dam and Tennessee Nolichucky dam failing.

Yes it does:crying:
The question / concern I have is if it does develope and tracks up thru the gulf coast will we still have blocking weather in the upper US and east that captures and entraps the weather? The extremely high rainfall experienced when it stalled out appears to have caused the large loss of life from the remnants of Helene.
In the early 90's on my first visit to Texas I read an indepth article in the Sunday DMN about how these storms when trapped inland can produce local rainfall as high as 50" and if one got trapped in the upper Trinity river basin it could flood out 125K homes in Dallas County. That article caused me to buy a home on an elvated ridge, a few years later. A few years back Harvey dumped north of 50". You do not have to live in a coastal area to be at risk from these storms.

Well, in the meantime, diving has been great. The water might be a little cloudy out deep, perhaps a bit more on the shallow banks but viz is still over 100 feet and beautiful blue and warm.

Storms, storms, go away, come again some other (never) day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom