Heads up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I assume that the port is closed? :D

The storm developed through the night and it is quite windy and rough.

Been down here for a week and a half already so needed a drying out anyways. Should clear out, at least by Friday the port should open.

The storm developed through the night and it is quite windy and rough.

Been down here for a week and a half already so needed a drying out anyways. Should clear out, at least by Friday the port should open.
Breezy! You are in room 204? :D

Breezy! You are in room 204? :D
Uh, close. The winds are slacking off now but still strong. No damage to anything I can see either here or locally. Power is on, food is delivered, gear drying out as am I. Soon will be back in the water to close out the trip. Headed back here in a few more weeks.

Uh, close. The winds are slacking off now but still strong. No damage to anything I can see either here or locally. Power is on, food is delivered, gear drying out as am I. Soon will be back in the water to close out the trip. Headed back here in a few more weeks.
The wind should die down considerably later today as the storm moves off; it is moving pretty fast. Maybe you'll be able to dive again as soon as tomorrow? I am glad to see that conditions there are not too bad.

Helene is moving fairly slowly (and was)- 10 mph. Once past, NOAA says it will pick up speed. The clouds are moving north now and it is getting better with mostly wind and some bands of rain. We had power all night. CFE was out cruising last night with a flashlight checking poles, lines and transformers. This one wasn't bad at all. So today I get to open up, put the patio furniture back out, and put away lights and batteries. etc
I had 3 days of diving with a friend who hopes the ferries are running tomorrow early to bag drag back to Cancun to catch their flight. I only got in one day of diving with him on Monday.

Attachments

• 000.png
    000.png
    190 KB · Views: 3
Looks like no shore diving at Blue Angel😳
The Presidente webcam shows broken clouds but seas still a bit rough and no boat traffic. No diving this morning, anyway.

She's going to land as a Cat-4 I think and flood much of Florida, Georgia, and Alabama. Boats too big to take out of the water are cornered. I hope that everyone has evacuated already.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom