Heads up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not to be commercial Gordon, but Aldora always provide warm coats for every diver. You don't need to bring your own!
Thanks. I will remember that if ever I dive with them.
Not needed by me but always very much appreciated by my wife!
When I was there in June and July, we went out to the reefs in a cold driving rainstorm a couple of times. All the way out I kept thinking about my red fleece lined hoodie windbreaker on the bed at home where I left it. :D

Because it looks exactly like Beryl did at this point in its development. I'm not panicking or anywhere remotely near it, just watching, and IMO we all should.

1% isn't 0%. :D
But Gordon, Beryl was a nothing burger for Cozumel, indeed I watch that more than most Texans. Yes it was ugly in Houston but what has that got to do with Coz?

Dave Dillehay

But Gordon, Beryl was a nothing burger for Cozumel, indeed I watch that more than most Texans. Yes it was ugly in Houston but what has that got to do with Coz?

Dave Dillehay
Keep an eye on it if you want, or don't; it makes me no never mind. :D

Let’s pretend it’s going to be Beryl 2.0 and go directly at Coz, what day this upcoming week does it POTENTIALLY interfere with outbound flights … Sunday? 🤔

Let’s pretend it’s going to be Beryl 2.0 and go directly at Coz, what day this upcoming week does it POTENTIALLY interfere with outbound flights 🤔
It's still too far away to tell if or when Cozumel will be affected, but for sure it will not be in the next week or more. The orange area on the NHC page is where they say it has a 40% chance of being a TS in the next seven days, and it is all east of Puerto Rico.

Let’s pretend it’s going to be Beryl 2.0 and go directly at Coz, what day this upcoming week does it POTENTIALLY interfere with outbound flights … Sunday? 🤔
It's around 2,500 miles from the island moving at 10 to 15 mph so it'd take over a week at best. The NHC expects it to be in the eastern to middle of the Caribbean Sea by midweek so later in the week at best, and it only has a 50% chance of organizing in the next week. At worst, it just might affect local flights next weekend, but that's doubtful.

000.png

A picked nit, but it's 40% over the next 7 days at the moment.
I noticed the difference. I was just quoting from the NHC map when I pointed at the orange area. This morning that's changed to 40% but the 7-day area is closer. These things are always subject to change.

000.png

I noticed the difference. I was just quoting from the NHC map when I pointed at the orange area. This morning that's changed to 40% but the 7-day area is closer. These things are always subject to change.

View attachment 858828
If you say so; I look at the NHC website several times a day when there are potential storms brewing and I never have seen the posted probability for this one higher than 40%.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom