Heads up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The NHC is now saying that there is a 70% chance of the disturbance just east of the Yucatan developing into a tropical cyclone in the next couple of days.

And if you look at anything other than the NHC, you'll see it is quickly going into the pacific ocean.

I figured people would be able to type Tomer Burg in google, but I can do it for you.

Ok, that does not show it going into the Pacific, but thanks for playing. It shows the same two disturbances in the North Atlantic.
1729287409170.png

it looks like Cozumel is already getting some rain from TS Nadine (honey is that you?) but not much else is likely. That's good news, although it seems to me that Cozumel is getting more than its usual share of tropical weather this year. When we were there for two weeks from late June to the middle of July and shortly thereafter there were three tropical weather systems that came through and closed the port. One of them was Beryl, and what became Helene and Milton both crossed the Yucatan near Cozumel. The western Caribbean and the Gulf of Mexico are both very warm this year.

it looks like Cozumel is already getting some rain from TS Nadine
A FB buddy posted around midnight: "Whoa! Avenida 15 at 10 pm tonight. Looks like we are in for a bit more rain!
😳
Streets are flooded everywhere. ¡Cuidado mucho! Everywhere I turned it was flooded!"

Back
Top Bottom