GUE Fundamentals Class in 2012

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sffrenchman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi NorCal divers:

I am planning to take the GUE Fundamentals class in 2012. It would more likely be in the second half of the year but I am somewhat flexible. I am a frequent Monterey diver and have done around 300 dives in the past 3 years. If anyone else is interested in taking the class, please PM me and we can try to coordinate and go through this training together.

Cheers,

Christophe

Awesome class! It was the best bang for the buck I have gotten. Definitely helped me improve, and I no longer stand on my head while diving. Well maybe not all the time.

Awesome class! It was the best bang for the buck I have gotten. Definitely helped me improve, and I no longer stand on my head while diving. [-]Well maybe not all the time.[/-] When I don't want to

There I fixed that for you...

I second Peter's comments... best value out there. The video debriefs alone are invaluable.

If I run into anyone interested I'll point them in your direction.

Hi All,

We are currently working on scheduling GUE classes for the upcoming year. Currently we have 2 classes on the calendar:

January: Class details | Global Underwater Explorers
March/April: Class details | Global Underwater Explorers

In addition, we will be adding additional course dates for later in the year, and scheduling classes on demand. If you are interested in a GUE Fundamentals, Primer, or Rec1 class, feel free to contact any of the local instructors:

Beto Nava (betonavab@gmail.com)
Rob Lee (rhl@gue.com)
Susan Bird (dolphins.swim@me.com)

thanks,
-Rob

Is there anyone offering the GUE Dry Suit Course in Northern California? I am interested in GUE fundamentals, but someone who took it said it may be better off taking the GUE dry suit class first. I've been diving in wetsuit for 4 years so dry suit is a big transition for me. I heard that it may take 30 dives to master dry suit diving ...

Not sure about what GUE offers, but any of the three local instructors would do a great job either way.

Don C who goes by AE3753 on this board could probably help you out too, as I know he has helped others transitioning from wet to dry. He teaches with UTD, which is also a top notch organization.

Mastering a drysuit is going to take a lot more than 30 dives...BUT, those will be warm dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom