How to earn a GUE Fundamentals Rec Pass

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think every SPG should come standard with bar and psi readings as it would be uniform across the world/anywhere you dive even if paired with another diver at a resort can understand and calculate when needed.
I have been looking for an easy to read dual scale 2.5 inch spg but haven't found a good one.

I think every SPG should come standard with bar and psi readings as it would be uniform across the world/anywhere you dive even if paired with another diver at a resort can understand and calculate when needed.
I dive dual scale SPGs, but find it substantially easier to read whichever the outermost scale is when glancing at the gauge. The DGX dual scale SPGs have PSI on the outer scale, so if I know I’ll be diving BAR I’ll just pop a metric SPG on the rig.

Hi @Tigerpaw , I wanted to check this thread and see how the class went. If you have a class write-up I'd be interested in reading it. Nevertheless, I hope you had a great time and learned something new and enjoyable.

Hi @Tigerpaw , I wanted to check this thread and see how the class went. If you have a class write-up I'd be interested in reading it. Nevertheless, I hope you had a great time and learned something new and enjoyable.
Hi thanks for checking in. Had some issues with getting signed up. The first time the class was full by the time I heard about it. A few months later there was another class announced but it was cancelled. I'm not giving up and will try again for the upcoming year!

Hi thanks for checking in. Had some issues with getting signed up. The first time the class was full by the time I heard about it. A few months later there was another class announced but it was cancelled. I'm not giving up and will try again for the upcoming year!
If you have a timeframe that works well for you, I’d suggest contacting instructors to see if they can schedule something for you. Just because there isn’t a class on the schedule doesn’t mean that there isn’t an instructor available. Most of us only list classes in the calendar once we have a team confirmed.

@Tigerpaw I can confirm what Jon said; feel free to reach out to instructors near your area to see if a spot is open. Also, what is your location? I'd be happy to recommend some GUE instructors, including Jon :wink: Or GUE communities in your area who would be glad to have you in the class or help you on your journey.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom