G250 with g250v faceplate!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jccl121990

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
​if u guys have an old G250 and the frontplate is all scratched up and dented and doesn't look good anymore this is your perfect solution.Swap the front plate with the one from the G250V ,since the body its pretty much the same and the threading too it makes the perfect solution,I have an authentic G250V and its hard to tell between this swap and the authentic one!!!enjoy!!!

IMAG0230.jpgIMAG0229.jpg

Interesting. Can you align the cover or is it all the way in? There may be some slight differences in the depth of the threads.

its all the way in..yeaah the threads of the g250 faceplate is a little shallower than the one of the g250v that's why you cant align the cover,but i guess that's not a great deal it looks cool anyways :wink:

Looks good. I have the g250v and love it. Yesterday I switched to my back-up second just to give it a chance to work
a bit and there was a noticeable difference in breathing effort. I had at one time some difficulty adjusting the g250v with
the knob but have since given it a little turn on each dive and have not had a problem. Great reg !

I assume you have the standard "ring", part #11261117, black, that goes between the cover and the diaphragm. There's a white one, thinner, that may work nicely. I have it in my #2 son's G250 Crystal.

yeahhh i have the standard ring or gasket its black
part #11261117 from SCUBAPRO

I shattered the faceplate on my G200B once and so went into the LDS to see if they could order another one. They spent a good deal of time on the phone with SP and the final answer from SP was that I could not get another G200B faceplate but they had a modernized conversion which was around $300 which would work (I think it was a whole new body to accomodate new faceplate? - still unclear). SP added that if I had proof that I kept up with the annual services they would warranty it, but since I didn't it would cost me.
The dive shop charged me $10 for the phone calls before they would give my reg back, so I left with no faceplate and $10 poorer.

I put up a post about it and within a few minutes I had two of them coming in the mail by fellow SP DIY brothers.
They Are G250 faceplates but work exactly the same.

If anyone ever shatters a faceplate on a G200 or 250 let me know, It'll be in the mail. That's how it works.

I think the covers of the R190, G200, G250 are all compatible; they only look different. The fact that the LDS had to spend $10 worth of phone call to conclude otherwise is a proof that both the LDS and whoever they talk to at SP are very experienced folks.
:D

I think the covers of the R190, G200, G250 are all compatible; they only look different. The fact that the LDS had to spend $10 worth of phone call to conclude otherwise is a proof that both the LDS and whoever they talk to at SP are very experienced folks.
:D

I believe the small ones are compatible also. I put an S550 cover on my R290 so I'd have a place to position a purge depressor for storage.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom