Question ScubaPro G250 Blue Rhapsody with Sticky cover

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It still has the flow vane with the C-clip retainer and the older style diaphragm with the small bumps on it that's a bit thicker.
Mine had the same, bur had the scalloped vane (more of a g250HP/V thing)— could be a mix and match

Yeah, i feel like a lot of those received a mixture of old and newer parts towards the end of their commercial life span at the end of the nineties. But they are beauties. :)

rn_image_picker_lib_temp_00e269a7-4d7f-46cd-9041-cd858dfdb718.jpg

I’m starting to think it’s the paint coating along with some bad storage conditions (too hot + too cold 🤷🏽‍♀️) that get them sticky
Same feeling for me... I think it is the coating giving up.
At the end I treated mine leaving in salty warm water and rubbing it gentlly with powder of baking soda...
The result was very nice, even too much since I got too confident and went a bit too heavy on a spot and I scrubbed away some paint...
Shame on me....
Anyway, planning some repairs using acrylic painting to be covered with Matt protecting layer, will do some tests and if the result is ok will go for it, otherwise I just go for the Matt layer.

Mine had the same, bur had the scalloped vane (more of a g250HP/V thing)— could be a mix and match
Missing this scalloped vane... How is it?

Missing this scalloped vane... How is it?
Looks in a good shape— it’s the first one I come across actually
I reversed it to try the max VIVA thing, I still have to rent a tank to actually tune the second stage (and/or buy a pony bottle)
I’m hoping to get it ready in time to take it with to Tenerife, paired with a 156 (found one ✌🏽)
If I don’t manage in time the 260s are more than ready 😅🤷🏽‍♀️

Matt protecting layer
I also realized that the 2k has to be used within 48h from cracking it (mixing), so I’ll delay that to batch a few other covers I’m restoring (planning to)
Sadly I ordered the 400ml not the 150ml so that would be such a waste for one cover

I actually broke a little plastic nub off of the viva/flow vane on the "carbon" looking G250 when i reversed it for the max viva.. since that one has the newer style that just gets pressed in. You need a lot of force and leverage to get those out with the special tool. I'll never do that again if i don't have to.

Luckily they can still be ordered new as far as i know, it's part number 11.300.023. Or at least i hope they can still be ordered.. i dread the email from my dealer.

I actually broke a little plastic nub off of the viva/flow vane on the "carbon" looking G250 when i reversed it for the max viva.. since that one has the newer style that just gets pressed in. You need a lot of force and leverage to get those out with the special tool. I'll never do that again if i don't have to.

Luckily they can still be ordered new as far as i know, it's part number 11.300.023. Or at least i hope they can still be ordered.. i dread the email from my dealer.
I am sure it’s possible, i think I’ve seen it somewhere let me check my browser history

Funnily enough they removed that crescent reverse feature on the G260 .. i can imagine a lot of people experienced the problem i did on the G250. :rofl3:

(11.331.011 is the new part for the G260, don't think it fits the G250 though.. or rather i don't know.)

I also realized that the 2k has to be used within 48h from cracking it (mixing), so I’ll delay that to batch a few other covers I’m restoring (planning to)
Sadly I ordered the 400ml not the 150ml so that would be such a waste for one cover
Yep, saw that on a video... Didn't know as well.
Definitely need to buy the small bottle.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom