Question ScubaPro G250 Blue Rhapsody with Sticky cover

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yep, saw that on a video... Didn't know as well.
Definitely need to buy the small bottle.

Any of the can in a can 2K products, once you pop the inner can the stuff has a window of about 48 hours though keeping it cool I have extended it for 72 hours give or take with no problems. I used to mix the paints and clears and shoot them with a spray gun but the SprayMax in particular works so well for smaller projects and is convenient.

SCUBA gear is exposed to many environmental agents including silicones to which no coating will adhere. I wash parts, SCUBA but also anything I am painting, with Dawn and then degrease with a product like this:

Mask off any threads and places you do not want painted or cleared.

Funnily enough they removed that crescent reverse feature on the G260 .. i can imagine a lot of people experienced the problem i did on the G250. :rofl3:

(11.331.011 is the new part for the G260, don't think it fits the G250 though.. or rather i don't know.)
Tricky to find, I remember seeing it on dive-king.de but they changed website and they no longer provide kits/parts publicly apparently
Yes that P/N is the 260/195 one

The best I could find is this (partially aftermarket) kit in Austria (I got stuff from them before, they seem alright)
I can’t tell of the Ventiltrager is the vane or not so maybe it doesn’t even have it

edit: just realized there is English below, no flow vanes included

If you can’t find (at your shop) it I have an r190 that acts as a parts donor, theoretically it’s the same (vane) as the 250; let me know

One more option (but I remember reading it’s not the same somewhere here) is the g250v vanes, I have seen these for sale (as Halcyon)
I have a 250v in disassembly on my desk, I can check if it fits in a 250 when I’m back home

The G250V one is 11261023, so again a different part number. At least on the schematic it looks pretty much identical though.

The G250V one is 11261023, so again a different part number. At least on the schematic it looks pretty much identical though.
The G250 vanes have tiny detents that fit into grooves in the case to limit motion to 1/4 turn.
The G250 and G250HP vanes are similar in this respect.
The G250V, which has a slightly different case, has detents that are 90° offset from the other two regs.
In this pic, G250V on top, HP next, G250 on bottom. Thanks for the reminder, @couv !

I just checked the G250 HP schematic, that one also says 11.300.023. So the part is identical to the G250.
Should be no problem ordering it then, according to some document i found about the G250 History the HP was built until around 2007.

Oh and about the stickyness.. i've disassembled and cleaned my Blue Rhapsody by now.. the cover just with warm water and mild dish soap. And while my coating seems to be in better shape it clearly is very slightly sticky.
So i might order some of that 2K coating as well and blast it with that. :)

I'm just not sure yet which one. I'd probably prefer matt or semi gloss, but they have a smaller can that dries faster.. that only comes in glossy though.

So I tried the g250v in a g250 (not a HP), not a good fit
I couldn’t push it all the way in (didn’t wanna apply too much force and snap something) but the remanning distance inside seems more than the one outside

But maybe there’s a special way to make it happen 🤷🏽‍♀️

Can’t comment on the HP

Attachments

• 20D946C9-BACA-4CED-A547-3D5170F65258.jpeg
    20D946C9-BACA-4CED-A547-3D5170F65258.jpeg
    85.5 KB · Views: 19
  • E2DB01EF-2ABE-4F96-BD01-863DEB124FEB.jpeg
    E2DB01EF-2ABE-4F96-BD01-863DEB124FEB.jpeg
    62.4 KB · Views: 23
I just checked the G250 HP schematic, that one also says 11.300.023. So the part is identical to the G250.
Should be no problem ordering it then, according to some document i found about the G250 History the HP was built until around 2007.

Oh and about the stickyness.. i've disassembled and cleaned my Blue Rhapsody by now.. the cover just with warm water and mild dish soap. And while my coating seems to be in better shape it clearly is very slightly sticky.
So i might order some of that 2K coating as well and blast it with that. :)

I'm just not sure yet which one. I'd probably prefer matt or semi gloss, but they have a smaller can that dries faster.. that only comes in glossy though.

I have never seen smaller or larger cans of SprayMax branded 2K. There are other 2K paints and clears in rattle cans. Just to be clear, a 2K product is catalyzed and must be mixed with the catalyst which in the rattle can products there is a can inside the can with the catalyst.

Matte sets much more quickly than gloss and being a catalyzed coating either sets far more quickly than standard in a spray can products. Matte 2K dries to touch in 80 minutes and the 2K glamour clear in 250 minutes.

That's the "rapid" one which only comes in glossy.

That's the "rapid" one which only comes in glossy.
I have not used that one. The TDS shows a 60 minutes dry to touch. My only concern with that particular product is that sometimes faster drying can equate to more likely having some orange peel. Which of course then has to be polished out. Having not used this product I cannot say that would be an issue anymore than the standard product. I would suggest to stay well within the spraying temperature range.

I am not expert at paining but have done quite a bit, even cars and such. Most of the work is prep. Unless you screw up then most of the work is undoing the screw up and then prepping all over again :eek:.

For a small project, I think your linked product would work well.

Sometimes painters will do orange peel on purpose to simulate old time enamel finishes. So, you could just say you did it on purpose :wink:. Really, I think that product would work well, next time I may use that if for only the smaller can to toss away :).

Back
Top Bottom