Scubapro S109 BA conversion not going well

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Size doesn't matter, and the shape of the head doesn't matter.

The two main definitions for calling something a screw vs a bolt are:

1. If it is intended to be mated with a prethreaded receptor (like a nut, or other threaded part) it's a bolt. If it is intended to create a thread (like into timber or sheet metal) it's a screw.

2. If the fastener is intended to rotated, it is a screw. If it is intended to have something rotated onto it, it is a bolt.

Going on definition 1 above, ScubaPro is wrong. Going on definition 2, they are right.

PS. Are we off topic yet?

I maintain that by the proper definition and delineation of bolt vs screw, that Scubapro need to devote some research dollars to confirm, and then subsequently issue addendums and/or revisions to their service manuals with the part descriptions appropriately corrected.
And then issue an updated (increased) price list for the "new" item...

:rofl3:

I'm all done restoring and upgrading these regulators, except for replacing some bolts. I tied one up for now, but someone has offered to mail me some spare bolts for the 109s.

Lots of cleaning, polishing with a dremel tool, upgrading to balanced adjustable, and tuning. They seem to be working well with around 1.5" cracking pressure which seems to be about as good as they get.

I will test them out in the swimming pool before taking them on a dive.

Thanks to @Boarderguy for scavenging these regulators and letting me fix them up. I'll return one to him and keep one for myself. And thanks to @buddhasummer for the necessary parts.

View attachment 852367
Very flash, do you have photographers lined up yet? #airpunk
Something tells me GPOs will go crazy for these 🐙🫱🏼‍🫲🏽

Very flash, do you have photographers lined up yet? #airpunk
Something tells me GPOs will go crazy for these 🐙🫱🏼‍🫲🏽
I'll take some photos soon of another diver using them. I always dive CCR in my home waters, so I probably won't use them on a proper dive until next year when I have a tropical trip planned. I dove them in my pool last week, but I haven't encountered any GPO's there yet. :)

I'll take some photos soon of another diver using them. I always dive CCR in my home waters, so I probably won't use them on a proper dive until next year when I have a tropical trip planned. I dove them in my pool last week, but I haven't encountered any GPO's there yet. :)
Next week. I'll text you and we can set up a shark hunt. A nice and long back gas deco dive for 6-gill. Vis is getting better so that may help the cause.

Took it to 101 fsw. It kept me alive but is not dialed in quite yet. It's a beaut for sure though. Thanks Dave!
20240801_181600.jpg

Took it to 101 fsw. It kept me alive but is not dialed in quite yet. It's a beaut for sure though. Thanks Dave!View attachment 853962
We will need to get another exhaust valve. The originals were fosilized and the conshelf replacement valve we tried has to much resistance on exhale.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom