G260 Micro-Adjust question?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tbh i'm still a bit confused on how exactly the steps work and in what order they are. But so far i didn't open my G260s fully, this will be my first attempt at servicing them myself. Maybe it will get clearer once i've disassembled everything and see the parts and how they interact. I believe i have all of the tools necessary, like inline adjuster, IP gauge and a digital differential pressure meter (magnehelic?).

Would something like this be viable?
1. screw adjustment knob all the way out
2. adjust orifice with inline tool until the regulator very slightly free flows
3. adjust the micro-adjust-screw in the knob until it does not free flow anymore and the cracking pressure is around 2.5mBar?

Or would just setting it to juuuust not free flowing in step 2 and ignoring the micro adjuster be better?
Or did i get everything wrong? :D

Buy Regulator Savvy from Scubatools.com.
Once you read it, you will understand why that is not an approach that will be successful.

Tbh i'm still a bit confused on how exactly the steps work and in what order they are. But so far i didn't open my G260s fully, this will be my first attempt at servicing them myself. Maybe it will get clearer once i've disassembled everything and see the parts and how they interact. I believe i have all of the tools necessary, like inline adjuster, IP gauge and a digital differential pressure meter (magnehelic?).

Would something like this be viable?
1. screw adjustment knob all the way out
2. adjust orifice with inline tool until the regulator very slightly free flows
3. adjust the micro-adjust-screw in the knob until it does not free flow anymore and the cracking pressure is around 2.5mBar?

Or would just setting it to juuuust not free flowing in step 2 and ignoring the micro adjuster be better?
Or did i get everything wrong? :D
Maybe I am misunderstanding both of you guys :wink:. The MA should be set to a protrusion of 2mm for a starting adjustment. Follow the SM for the rest of the adjustment except that I still disagree with going back and forth with the orifice and MA. Unless they mean after the seat breaks in.

Setting my personal regulators to slightly leak, not free flow, but very slightly leak, with the knob full out is my preferred method. With the G250 this usually occurs naturally as the seat breaks in, with the G260 I am afforded a little fine adjustment with the MA after the seat breaks in. Or follow the manual, you are rarely wrong to follow the SM except for the tail chasing part, I am not going to readjust the orifice over and over, like picking a wall and then taking half steps, you will never get there in infinity, or just go all the way and touch the wall. That is what I do.

Yeah, i've re-read the maintenance manual and a portion of this thread and i think it became a bit clearer to me. Guess i'll just have to try.

What amount of time or purging cycles would you say is enough to break the seat in? Would leaving it pressurized over night or something help with that?
I guess the first stage also has to break in a bit and would need readjustment after that..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom