Question SP G250/109/BA Orifice variations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's rather simple, the G260 uses a dowel pin that goes into two holes in the barrel and it's secured by the case when the barrel is fully inserted.
While the G250 has that clip that's visible from the outside.

The G250 clip is thicker than the G260 pin and the position is different as well. So it most likely won't work.

That new production orifice looks very nice!
When I had some milled, I found that the biggest challenge was getting a thin enough knife edge and smoothing the line of contact.
The new plastic acetal orifices that Scubapro loves just never tune as crisply as a metal orifice. If you can take some Micromesh on a pencil and thin out the inside, that'll be the best one of the five!

Would you guys say that the current G260 metal one (11.109.109) is superior to the older plastic one btw.?

Might just order some for my G250s next time i order parts in that case.. can't image they are more than a few bucks each. Also can't hurt to have some spares for my G260s. :)

13eur a pop at Minimum for the metal ones, 9eur for the plastic is what I found at divedepo — but looong wait (backorder)

Yeah.. i found them for around 14€ at some random dealers when doing a quick search. Thought they were cheaper.

But if those get the same pharmacy margins as the service kits the dealer price should be much lower. I'll just ask my dealer next time i order stuff i guess.

Recently picked up another G250 for cheap, but man was this one crusty. I also believe it to be ancient, it still has the first gen flow valve dial with the really short knob.

But: The Orifice has some damage. I can clearly feel the two/three "holes" in the knife edge with my fingernails, but i didn't assemble and test it yet.
What would be your guess guys.. replace it or not?

Sorry for the quality of the photos, my microscope camera is really not that great.

Attachments

• 2000_0101_000933_006.jpg
    2000_0101_000933_006.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 17
  • 2000_0101_000834_005.jpg
    2000_0101_000834_005.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 2000_0101_000718_004.jpg
    2000_0101_000718_004.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 15
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back