ScubaPro "Frankenstein" G250/G250HP/G200/S555/??? Second Stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rhwestfall

Woof!
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So, I have a g250 that I got which turned out to be a hopeless cause. The air barrel, tuning knob and jam nut are toast. Case is in great shape. Digging in my stuff, I found a G200B air barrel assembly and thought of turning it back to a G200B, but then also came across the "guts" from an S555 that I had from upgrading it to a S600 (polymer air barrel has the "tab" of the later version, and was part of the problem that the upgraded adjustment knob assembly and balance chamber adjuster wouldn't work on my old G250hp). I also have the current updated adjustor knob/balance chamber assembly for the G250HP/S??? series and it appears it will work on this air barrel.

It seems all these parts are interchangeable! Looking at putting together the original G250 case, S555 air barrel, modern adjustor knob/balance chamber assembly, G250 lever/s-wing poppet/spring/orifice, and g250/g200b diaphragm/friction ring/cover.

What do I call it?

Instant death?

Anyone?

Since SP did the letter designation off the designer's name, my vote is RW2555HP!
Not sure the purge button is big enough to have that much text on it as a label... :rofl3:

W1505

Based on the initial of the original engineer (in this case W because R is already taken) and then add all the model numbers.

And it can't be done.... Old case won't accept the clip to retain the adjustment knob.... Poo!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom