Question SP G250/109/BA Orifice variations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, you can see the thread creeps up to the cone so maybe they also aint that good

Buddha is right, all movable SP orifices are interchangeable.

They are pretty easy to identify, because as the only manufacturer (AFAK) SP has this little ledge inside the orifice, which is sometimes really helpful when removing a stubborn orifice from the barrel.
Their is a tool everybody should have when he/she wants to remove the orifice.
It makes sure that you don't damage the orifice while pushing it out, because you will not push against the orifice knife directly, but against the ledge.
One look from above will tell you if it is a SP orifice or from another brand........

Attachments

• P1270489.JPG
    P1270489.JPG
    25.4 KB · Views: 35
  • P1270490.JPG
    P1270490.JPG
    21.2 KB · Views: 36
  • P1270497.JPG
    P1270497.JPG
    19.8 KB · Views: 38
  • P1270494.JPG
    P1270494.JPG
    23.6 KB · Views: 37
  • P1270495.JPG
    P1270495.JPG
    31.2 KB · Views: 37
What’s the diameter on that rod? Or where can I find one?

Ah awesome! i actually have that buried somewhere 🤦🏽‍♀️ — just default to pulling it with a plastic crochet hook or with a wooden dowel
should get it out of its hiding place

If you find it, can you measure the exact dimensions? I'd just make a model for 3D printing of it.. (and share it here ofc :) )

Edit: I'm an idiot, i forgot that i can just measure the G250 orifice i cleaned like 2 hours ago. It's 5mm inner diameter, then there's a 1mm ledge reducing it to 4mm after about 3mm of depth. I'll draw up and print something and get back to you. :D

They are pretty easy to identify, because as the only manufacturer (AFAK) SP has this little ledge inside the orifice, which is sometimes really helpful when removing a stubborn orifice from the barrel.
so all of them including the "wierd #3" have an inner ledge, even the aftermarket ones
3rd from the left looks odd🤔

Great news eitherway, means scavenging (if no other alternative) just got a lil bit easier (the W1550 frankenreg by @rhwestfall comes to mind)

When I actually get them all cleaned and ready for tuning and testing I will try to mix and match to see if any combos might have weird "implications"
(suspected issues: depth in barrel due to various thread "travels" -- kinda like how a g260 adj knob would fit in a 250 but isn't the right lenght so tuning range is not" fully accessible" as @Kupu found in another thread)

This might take a few weeks (it's finally time to get sea/ocean side soon so only have time to maybe just check on my working regs), whatever findings come up I'll post here

thanks

Some time long ago I posted either here or on VDH about finding different height orifices in my barrel popped seconds that it was believed had the same part... I was having tuning issues, and IIRC, just swapped in OEM SP orifices...

Back
Top Bottom